• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Random cricket comments/thoughts**

Matt79

Global Moderator
Was watching cricket the other day and pondering the difference between a random thought and spam tbh....

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
For New Zealanders - why do we have ball by ball commentary of domestic first class cricket from three different venues on Radio Sport, yet have Sky TV ever shown a single domestic first class game live on television?
Economics.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hussey has been so good since his debut, I sometimes wonder why didn't CA pick him earlier ?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Same reason huge men are sometimes nicknamed "Tiny"

Does it imply conceit when Lalit Modi appears in an advertisement for a product on television, and the said advert features him trumpeting his major achievement?
It turns into an ad for Tata Indicom...maybe it was deliberate

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
My own-
  • The only time I've seen a match live, a player's bat slips out of hand and goes flying. Will I try my luck at the next match...
  • Is there a way to get more dogs, cats and birds on cricket grounds? They do no harm, are (often) in no danger and provide a little tension relief...
  • Is this the end of the cricketing road for DD Sports and Sony Max?
  • Should Delhi have any FC/List-A matches at Rosha-no-area-for-public-and-media (part of it originally coined by another fan) Club Ground?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
[*]Should Delhi have any FC/List-A matches at Rosha-no-area-for-public-and-media (part of it originally coined by another fan) Club Ground?[/list]
Why just FC and List A cricket? I say shift all International cricket too to that ground. Saves us the agony of looking at that ugly skeletal monstrosity of a stand they have at the Feroz Shah Kotla :p

Precambrian

Banned
My own-
  • The only time I've seen a match live, a player's bat slips out of hand and goes flying. Will I try my luck at the next match...
  • Is there a way to get more dogs, cats and birds on cricket grounds? They do no harm, are (often) in no danger and provide a little tension relief...
  • Is this the end of the cricketing road for DD Sports and Sony Max?
  • Should Delhi have any FC/List-A matches at Rosha-no-area-for-public-and-media (part of it originally coined by another fan) Club Ground?
Sony Max has IPL rights for another 9 years. DD Sports is a joke channel, for airing obscure and unnwatched sports.

krkode

State Captain
Whats the big deal with retaining a trophy? In the record books, the series is a draw.
I guess it goes to show long you have remained "undefeated" so to speak. So if team A wins a trophy in 2000, and then draw every series until 2010 and then Team B wins, Team A have essentially been unbeatable for 9 years. Granted, Team B has also been unbeatable but the last recorded victor was Team A, giving them the theoretical higher ground, I guess.

Silly concept, IMO. :p