• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Random cricket comments/thoughts**

Xuhaib

International Coach
Thought we could do with a thread like this.

I was watching Yuvraj/Broad famous six sixes over and what I found ironic was despite all the humilation there is great possibility that Stuart Broad will be a more successful international cricketer than Yuvraj.

In all other 6 sixes-over cases its usually an estabished star smashing an unknown guy but this is the only case where something like that hasn't happened.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mark Richardson said it on his show "The Crowd Goes Wild" upon the mostly rained off 2nd Test in Bangladesh, "Crickets the only sport that the players themselves don't actually want to play!" [Rather not bother with the rain and stuff]

Found this a pretty funny and apt observation.

masterblaster

International Captain
Broad is certainly miles better now than he was then. And Yuvi is still king when it comes to 20-20.
I wouldn't want Yuvraj anywhere near the Indian test team. I also think there are better options for the One Day team as well, but as you'll get to find out I'm not one of the biggest Yuvraj fans on CW. Can't stand the bloke to be honest.

masterblaster

International Captain
I said he is 20-20 king. A super pauper in tests, but a certainty in ODIs.
I think he was a certainty in ODIs. He's mentally very lazy, extremely unreliable especially in crunch situations and his fielding and fitness have deteriorated alarmingly over the years. Doesn't show enough heart or commitment. There are better options out there I think, but anyway he'll be in the ODI team for a long time.

Precambrian

Banned
If you are referring to test matches, he should never be anywhere near. However, it is just his outward appearance of being laid back and "cool" that is making people think he is lazy. In fact he is not. Fact is that he has become a very reliable middle order bat in the ODIs and has formed a good partnership with MS. If only he could tighten his game against spinners and footwork.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Aaqib Javed would be infront of aardvark if he was included in a dictionary.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had a quick look at some highlights from the '05 Ashes not long ago, and one thing that struck me was how stupid Warne made the English batsmen look. When you just watch highlights, it's quite funny. The best was in the Lord's second innings when he got Ian Bell out lbw with a 55mph straight ball which Bell left alone.

I guess it shows why watching old highlights never compares to watching someone like that bowl live.

howardj

International Coach
Don't know how many of you guys play, but don't you reckon you can tell how good a team is when you arrive at the ground and have a look at them before the toss? They might be fat, wear short sleeves, lack gravitas...whatever it is. But, generally, you can almost tell if someone looks like decent player even before play.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Don't know how many of you guys play, but don't you reckon you can tell how good a team is when you arrive at the ground and have a look at them before the toss? They might be fat, wear short sleeves, lack gravitas...whatever it is. But, generally, you can almost tell if someone looks like decent player even before play.
Always. I remember a couple of weeks ago we had this discussion. My team only play B reserves and we are all under 20 bar 1 person. The other team were rather rotund and looked non-athletic. Even though we beat them, it was a tough game.

My random thought. Why do certain players play in lower competitions? For those who are familiar with the players who have gone through the Australia/state under 17 and 19 system, you'd be familiar with the name Ryan Bevan, for some reason, he was playing A reserves last year. This season, I joined a new team and my mate from work was in an opposing team, he told me one there players have played ODIs for Holland. This time, the competition is B reserves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think he was a certainty in ODIs. He's mentally very lazy, extremely unreliable especially in crunch situations and his fielding and fitness have deteriorated alarmingly over the years. Doesn't show enough heart or commitment. There are better options out there I think, but anyway he'll be in the ODI team for a long time.
I acknowledge all of Yuvi's flaws, but how is he 'unreliable' in crunch situations (I'm referring here to ODIs)?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone ever experience deja vu at a certain score?

For some reason I always get it when the score is 4/234 and also 7/213 or think oh **** that was close to the score - deja vu.

7/213 I always think of because of the match Aus vs Eng where McGrath took 8/38, we declared our first innings on that score.

4/234 I have no idea, I've just always thought that it's a very even game if that's the score.