• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah we don't belong in the same group by any means. This group members scratch each others' backs and look for a common punching bag. They've now got me after they got rid of SS. A typical bullying group. Someone wrote an obscure economics book, someone did a Maths PhD and they have got a dozen fans who pump their ego thinking these 2-3 guys are some kind of intellectual messiahs. This mini-mob will bully anyone who questions their perceived superiority or anyone who doesn't act as a fan or wannabe friend to the ground. That's the modus operandi.
Mate, no one needs a group to bully and pile on you, or Penile Dysentery, come to that. People are happy to do it as individuals. I know I am.

Burgey

Lol no, I am questioning their smartness. From personal experience, I know many not-so-smart people who have written social science books or completed Maths PhDs. Anyways, not interested in this particular discussion anymore.
This is an astonishing post from a bloke who's repeatedly demonstrated over many years that he's as thick as whipped ****.

Man, that was an entertaining read over the past day and a bit's posts. Thanks everyone. So satisfying that I think I'd go and have a cigarette now if I still smoked.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Heh, if you hate economics then maybe not? But I think economics being boring is a kind of accident of history. The big economic questions are undeniably interesting but it tends to be taught in a very dull way.
Yeah, and I reckon the way your book is structured and whatever I see from the blurbs and that AMA, it maybe more appealing to me, who is really not into economics but do enjoy a good story, in a way.

Burgey

the last few pages in this thread are awful
What an abject surrender on your part - "Errrr it's awful." It's not awful, it's the forum pooling its resources, going up the road to the supermarket, buying some ****roach bombs then setting them off to eradicate the vermin. Great effort on everyone's part.

Save Corrin. Very poor on his part with the "We set our differences aside but this isn't quite the ticket" bull****. Really warmed up the lettuce leaf with that contribution.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about this for a while & I have to regretfully inform you all that I am going to take an indefinite hiatus from this forum. It has been a truly uncomfortable & depressing experience bearing witness to the recent spate of pile-ons, gang-bashings & crucifixions taking place as of late. Whilst I might not agree with the viewpoints of some of the people who have been victimized & vilified on this forum recently, it seems that there is no place for respectful disagreement on CW. I post on a few other forums semi-regularly here & there, but I never come across the same tightly-knit in-crowdedness that exists here. Reading the last few pages of the questions on ban announcements thread has sapped away all of my desire to be a part of this community any longer.

I am very sorry to have to do this & abruptly abandon the sim league as I know there are a lot of you, like me, who get enjoyment out of this. If there is anyone who would like to keep in touch with me please feel free to contact me via PM & I will give you my personal email.

Take care.

Shady Slim

International Coach
there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between how people are perceiving what is going on here and what actually is and i implore jimmy to reconsider why he’s leaving

senile sentry got banned for posting essentially Hindu Nationalist Qanon neofascist theories and then calling anyone who called him out on it stupid. upon coming here back from the ban, rather than showing self reflection and a desire to post better, he decided the best course of action was to immediately call everyone stupider than he is again and insinuate that the mods were in a grand conspiracy

similarly

weldone got done for repeating antisemitic talking points in the BritPol thread and again, instead of coming back and showing a desire to not do it again the guy doubled down on the theories like senile sentry did and also insinuated that anyone who wasn’t on his side was a big dumb idiot who was not as smart as the intellectual colossus that he is

there isn’t a hive mind that comes out to relentlessly bully innocent posters for no reason. but people who adversarially engage with the community writlarge and claim to be intellectually superior than the rest of us because they can’t cop the consequences of a ban are not looked highly upon by the community and for good reason

cnerd123

likes this
I don't think justifying the bullying is the solution here

granted I've been involved in my fair share with Blocky, Miyagi etc, but those were posters who were making CC utterly unreadable by hijacking every thread, and they were rightfully perma'd on forum atmosphere grounds. Weldone and SS weren't likeable, but fundamentally it seems their crimes were having bad opinions and being stubbornly adamant about them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, if by "being stubbornly adamant" you mean "being a total ****"

The idea that there is no room for civilised disagreement on CW is manifestly and self-evidently false. There's heaps of good discussion built around strong disagreements in all parts of the forum, and it's actually really ****ing good.

The problem some people have is that they think that their badly constructed, intellectually fallacious, and aggressively presented arguments deserve equal respect as those that are actually based on coherent logic and reasoning and delivered in good faith without a shred of ad hominem.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The most recent issue wasn't really a disagreement. weldone took an out of the blue, unprovoked and gratuitous swipe at UC in a really personal and snide manner and people called him out for it.