• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First time I can ever remember disliking a fellow poster so much. Even Sunilz, who I disagree with almost every post of seems more like a provocateur on cricketing terms than John1990, who just seemed to go personal at every opportunity. If he comes back I'm almost certain he'll end up copping longer and longer bans until he cops a perma.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it really does. That period with him and Miyagi spamming it up (I think also S.Kennedy was a big poster at that point too? Also Cow) is not one to remember.

Oddly when John first came back he seemed to have calmed down from what I remembered. Didn't take long before his true colours came out though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Banned by the mob, terrible decision continuing Spark's poor run of form.

John1990's posts have been good to read, good insight on English cricket. In protest at this decision I will be replicating my own posting from Q3 2011 for one week.

trundler

A John1990 type every 3 months or so makes my positing quality appear somewhat tolerable. No one's truly useless.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’d not come across him before until he turned up late in the Ashes series. He seemed okay and gradually regressed into a complete tosser. The racist agenda in Cricket Chat on Saturday was wretched.

Spark

Global Moderator
I’d not come across him before until he turned up late in the Ashes series. He seemed okay and gradually regressed into a complete tosser. The racist agenda in Cricket Chat on Saturday was wretched.
This is his second serial offender infraction for needlessly aggressive posting fwiw. A bunch of other substantial infractions too, all for the same thing - save one for making a multi (Agricultural).

Last edited:

Burgey

Maybe his having had spells and returned previously is why I had him pegged as a multi, but couldn't work out whose.

Burgey

Why was Briggs’ Marvel vs IPL thread closed? Seems he raised some legitimate points, albeit in a somewhat unusual manner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why was Briggs’ Marvel vs IPL thread closed? Seems he raised some legitimate points, albeit in a somewhat unusual manner.
Where else can we discuss Phase 4s ambitious plans to corner the Indian market with Captain Marvel vs. the Kolkata Knight Riders

andmark

International Captain
The Indian Politics Thread has been especially awful recently though and reached the lows of the American counterpart. You could be discussing the driest topic on earth in there and it'd descend into insults.