• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Jokes about my supposed banning aside, sometimes I am surprised I haven't attracted more moderator attention for some of the things I have said.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Technically he said reading his posts was like reading the posts of one, I believe.

Burgey knows his judo well. You make 50 of those and eventually you might get pinned for three though. Meh.
Nah, he literally called him a fool. Major slip up. He was doing a fine job toeing the line with the lobotomized sheep comment imo.

OverratedSanity

Unacceptable posting GIMH. If any of you really dislike CW as much as it appears, vote with your feet and leave. There's plenty of other forums and Facebook groups that may appreciate your negativity.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He is a fool. WHo cares.
Nowhere in the rules does it say truth is a defence, otherwise I could call everyone I reply to a communist fool every post and be fine.

Indeed I could call OS a **** even in reply to posts he hadn't made, like this one.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the past I've noticed if someone starts piling up the week long bans in quick succession they eventually get hit with something bigger like 6 months or so

No chance this applies to burgey right? Too much of a CW dynasty for him to ever get more than a slap on the wrist right?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Correct. Very poor moderation once again.

Black and white rigidity seems more important than common sense and the forum's integrity in cases like this.

As I say, I demand the resignation of Spark, Dan, nightprowler and Teja for this. Fusion should also be fired.
I don't know if lumping me separately from the rest of the mods is a good reflection on me or not. I'm thinking not. Agree with the mass firings by the way.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In the past I've noticed if someone starts piling up the week long bans in quick succession they eventually get hit with something bigger like 6 months or so

No chance this applies to burgey right? Too much of a CW dynasty for him to ever get more than a slap on the wrist right?
I think Burgey is aiming to get a 12 month-er to match his mate.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't know if lumping me separately from the rest of the mods is a good reflection on me or not. I'm thinking not. Agree with the mass firings by the way.
There were no mass firings

All the others were offered the dignified way out via resignation

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Its all about the points. He must have had an infraction lapse that took him back below the week threshold

But yes there are a group of posters that quite frankly should be above bans and Burgey is part of it

SillyCowCorner1

There is no such thing as a lobotomized sheep. That would make the sheep a vegetable. Which doesn't make any sense.

We own a few dozen heads of sheep on our farm.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Farcial. Call someone a **** as much as you like and it's deemed acceptable, but call them a fool or a labotimised sheep and you're out for a week?