• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
the multi-ban is a bit unfair on Shri tho. You all knew from Day 1 that it was him. You allowed him to post with it instead of banning him off the bat. That was just encouraging his bully behavior rather than punishing him for it. If you wanted genuine repent and understanding on his end, you shouldn't have let him get away with the multi to begin with.

He's also sent me the following screenshot
I'm assuming Shri is OK with his full name being posted on CW?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Said targeting likely made it much more difficult to ban said members - and D/L isn't banned - by significantly muddying the waters and making us hard to tell the difference between actual trolling and posting in self-defence because everyone has ganged up on you for no reason. So in terms of "fast tracking" - no, the opposite, tbh.

It really, really, really doesn't help. Calling out nonsense is fine, but targeting members in unrelated discussions and threads and trying to get a rise out of them so they lash out just gives them a legitimate out that they can point to. Obviously TNT's trolling reached a zenith over the past day or so and it's obvious that he's just trying to get a rise out of everyone with reflexive anti-anti-Trumpism, but it's easier to moderate if the waters aren't muddied.
Nah, I get what your'e saying but if it wasn't for him being called to account by the moral majority of the forum we'd still be lumbered with him and not getting a seven day break.

I know you will say it took longer because of the interactions, but I don't get that. I feel vindicated. Vindicated, I tell you!

Next stop, *****.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
the multi-ban is a bit unfair on Shri tho. You all knew from Day 1 that it was him. You allowed him to post with it instead of banning him off the bat. That was just encouraging his bully behavior rather than punishing him for it. If you wanted genuine repent and understanding on his end, you shouldn't have let him get away with the multi to begin with.

He's also sent me the following screenshot

Not working for me.

Also for your point about letting googlyeyes roam free, I thought PEWS answered that extensively when the freeShri campaign started.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
PEWS to correct me if I'm wrong, but the original email was basically "everyone wants me back, that guy was a **** anyway, don't be ridiculous, let me in" which really doesn't deserve a response in my mind. He brought it up again in Cricsim and PEWS basically told him just that and he told us all to go **** ourselves. His second email was 3 days ago and a bit nicer. We've been discussing a response and a resolution was decided on.

I really like the guy and he knows it, but this **** isn't helping.
That's all well and good, I sent the mod team a polite and well reasoned (imo) email concerning Shris ban. I got a reply from James saying he's passed it onto the team and they'd respond........nada. I've also politely asked twice in here for an update.....nada.

You may very well have your reasons for not responding but from us on the sides (with no info to the contrary) it just looks like total inaction.

Even in this very post you say you've come to a resolution......but **** you all were not going to tell you what it is because we don't have to.

Burgey

Also, how cute is it that ***** thinks he's cool because some people talk to him off the forum? And he's so excited by it that he inadvertently doxes them. Quaint

cnerd123

likes this
I'm assuming Shri is OK with his full name being posted on CW?
its not the same name as his FB and doesn't reveal his email, plus it's a very common indian name in general. think it's fine, but i can delete it if he objects (he's reading this thread)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
its not the same name as his FB and doesn't reveal his email, plus it's a very common indian name in general. think it's fine, but i can delete it if he objects (he's reading this thread)
If he's fine with it, then I don't care. Just thought I'd raise it.

cnerd123

likes this
Not working for me.

Also for your point about letting googlyeyes roam free, I thought PEWS answered that extensively when the freeShri campaign started.
you have access to the mod email you can just go into the inbox and see it lol

re: googleyes - yea cutting down that 1 year-er to 1 week for the multi seems fair. 3 months + 1 week is reasonable to me, but i'm not the one "biting the headboard of my bed to look at my teeth markings because I am in lockdown."

Burgey

That's all well and good, I sent the mod team a polite and well reasoned (imo) email concerning Shris ban. I got a reply from James saying he's passed it onto the team and they'd respond........nada. I've also politely asked twice in here for an update.....nada.

You may very well have your reasons for not responding but from us on the sides (with no info to the contrary) it just looks like total inaction.

Even in this very post you say you've come to a resolution......but **** you all were not going to tell you what it is because we don't have to.

Yeah, yeah never mind all that. It's all very pre-Covid19. We got TNT banned!

Burgey

wish you'd stop leaving batting advice on my pics tbh
**** mate, you were batting in Braille. Have you taken on board what I said about getting your weight over your front knee when you drive? It'll ramp up your game deluxe.

morgieb

I really did mean it when I said the heir of Ikki had appeared in that thread. Pretending for days on end that the evidence of our own eyes and ears was wrong, that the nakedly obviously true was actually false, and 2+2=5 was the sort of relentless troll-gaslighting that really should have gotten Ikki formally booted off the forum IMO (though, I hasten to add, strictly IMO, not the opinion of the mod team etc etc).
wtf at GAS double liking this

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

I'll be completely honest and post my personal thoughts. At the time you sent that email it came off as completely disingenuous because at the same time you were egging people on and I had zero interest in responding to something like that. I'm sure you had better intentions but it came off as complete bull.

Spark

Global Moderator

If timely moderation and quick responses are actually your main priority then maybe don't start astroturfed bandwagon ****storms whose main effect is to make the thought of moderating a cricket forum in your spare time utterly soul-destroying?

Just a thought.