• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Finals

Tom Flint

International Regular
Why has de Klerk kicked that?
I think worried about conceding a penalty at a breakdown in their own half. Was central too.
Territory he may have thought more important. I'd like to think he trusted his guys more to legally play 3 rucks but maybe not

Tom Flint

International Regular
Jeez, SA. What an incredible performance. Thought they were done at the 50 minute mark. Feel for France, what an incredible performance.

This game and yesterday's NZ Ireland game would've made a pair of all-timer semi's. Real shame the comp is going to lose a lot of momentum next weekend (not that it had much in the first place).

Well, so much for the ascendance of NH rugby I suppose.
What do you mean by it hasnt had much momentum?
I think it's been an incredible tournament.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think worried about conceding a penalty at a breakdown in their own half. Was central too.
Territory he may have thought more important. I'd like to think he trusted his guys more to legally play 3 rucks but maybe not
He could have kicked it deeper

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So do SA count as the true rugby superpower not NZ ? 3 world cups each but SA obviously missed a couple of tournaments. Fancy SA to wipe the floor with England and All Black's in next 2 weeks
SA tend to step up at WC. NZ more consistent. See that from Tri nations/ rugby championship. And NZ knows how to beat the Bokke… they used to the style we bring. If it’s a NZ vs SA final it will not be easy!

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Go Bokke 🇿🇦 ..
Backs to the wall and the boys find a way to survive, that was a great game ..Eben Etzebeth was an absolute monster for us

BazBall21

International Regular
I think we need to go as big as we can up front against South Africa. Whereas against France I'd have favoured a more mobile pack or they would have run us ragged. Dan Cole for example is much more suited to playing SA than France.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Have to question the decision to kick at the end when they were 4 points behind, no? Found that a headscratcher. With 6 or 7 minutes left, you couldn't guarantee they'd get another shot.
Yeah, that was a big call and arguably a game-losing one. France did look unsettled as the game went on, and I think that was a consequence of the pressure getting to them.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What do you mean by it hasnt had much momentum?
I think it's been an incredible tournament.
Big gaps in between games and too many enormously lop-sided contests. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the tier 2's aren't getting ripped off by the scheduling anymore, but I'm still not a huge fan of the current format.

Ali TT

International Debutant
All of which means that the only unbeaten team in the competition is ......... England.

Just give us the cup now, I say.
Yep. After getting past the stronger sides just need to keep a calm head over the next two matches and it'll be a cakewalk.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Big gaps in between games and too many enormously lop-sided contests. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the tier 2's aren't getting ripped off by the scheduling anymore, but I'm still not a huge fan of the current format.
OK, I don't really agree but fair enough. I genuinely was thinking earlier this has been for me the most enjoyable wc in any sport I can remember. Maybe because I've been off work and watched every game. The crowds have been amazing and I feel sorry for the French, their supporters deserve to see their team go further.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
OK, I don't really agree but fair enough. I genuinely was thinking earlier this has been for me the most enjoyable wc in any sport I can remember. Maybe because I've been off work and watched every game. The crowds have been amazing and I feel sorry for the French, their supporters deserve to see their team go further.
Hope you're OK mate.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So do SA count as the true rugby superpower not NZ ? 3 world cups each but SA obviously missed a couple of tournaments. Fancy SA to wipe the floor with England and All Black's in next 2 weeks
Played 105, NZ won 62, SA won 39 & 4 draws

Saffas are definitely favourites to win this tournament and are a great side though.

Quaggas

State Captain

Saffas are definitely favourites to win this tournament though.
Too much emphasis on Twickenham and the opener. The ABs were jetlagged and just biding their time imo. The Ireland win a massive marker showing what they are really capable of..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Saffas are definitely favourites to win this tournament and are a great side though.
Funny thing was, SA had the upper-hand until the formation of the Tri-Nations. I think it was 21-18 at that point, which would make it 21-44 since. :blink: They also haven't beaten NZ in a World Cup game since 1995. And yes, they had that blow-out in the warm-ups, but it was a warm-up ffs. The last time these two teams really squared off with each other in a serious contest was in last year's rugby championship, where the games were split 1-1. It'll be a cracking final, pity we have to wait 2 weeks to watch it.