• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Finals

ashley bach

International Captain
Another thrilling game.

Big sigh of relief from English fans as they just manage to avoid one of their worst days in sports history.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Farrell should've got ten, but I've pretty much given up trying to understand the officials' thinking at this stage.

One thing's for sure: this is the worst England side to make a semi.

ripper868

International Coach
Maybe too knackered to run it from deep. Hoped a few tight various would get them close enough to bring out the tricks.
Yeah i understood the reason, but one off the ruck when you've gone 30m backwards isnt it. needed Radradra et al to be screaming for it and look for a bust into offload, like what got them back into it.

ripper868

International Coach
England lucky to not have lost Curry early, then Farrel at the death, but, that's the rub of it.

What a horse dorve for France/South Africa.

Ali TT

International Debutant
England lucky to not have lost Curry early, then Farrel at the death, but, that's the rub of it.

What a horse dorve for France/South Africa.
Be funny if we ended up with England Argentina after that first match, which was one of the worst games of rugby I've seen.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They really are two of the less likeable blokes you would wish to meet, aren't they. Or at least that's how they come across on the field. Maybe they're lovely off it, but they just seem to embody arrogant English exceptionalism to me.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Farrell should've got ten, but I've pretty much given up trying to understand the officials' thinking at this stage.

One thing's for sure: this is the worst England side to make a semi.
Favourable route. It's a funny travesty that this England team has got further in a world cup than Ireland have ever before.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd far rather face the French, tbh.

They beat us 9/10, but they can always get all gallic and mercurial in a one off.

RSA just run straight over us.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Favourable route. It's a funny travesty that this England team has got further in a world cup than Ireland have ever before.
Yup.

I'd guess we're the first semi finalist ever not to have to face one of the original 5 Nations or Tri Nations sides to get there.

loterry1994

International Debutant
these quarter finals draws were so favourable for England and Argentinas sides. I really hope we don’t get blowouts for the semis.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Yup.

I'd guess we're the first semi finalist ever not to have to face one of the original 5 Nations or Tri Nations sides to get there.
Yeah we couldn't have asked for a better route. But Wales couldn't have either. If we got their route I'd fancy us to be playing the All Blacks next week. And that would be a more favourable matchup for us than France/SA. Wales are just even worse.

Ali TT

International Debutant
They really are two of the less likeable blokes you would wish to meet, aren't they. Or at least that's how they come across on the field. Maybe they're lovely off it, but they just seem to embody arrogant English exceptionalism to me.
Don't have to bring some pop national psychology into it. They're just pricks, at least Farrell is, and pricks are everywhere, playing for every country in every sport.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Not sure I've heard anyone question currys character. He had a bad game today but he comes across a quite a down to earth bloke imo.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I've heard anyone question currys character. He had a bad game today but he comes across a quite a down to earth bloke imo.
Maybe he is, but he got a red card against Argentina for an offence that was deemed serious enough for a three match ban and was lucky not to get at least one yellow card today. Most players don't do that, so I think it's fair to question his attitude.

Tom Flint

International Regular
He got a red card for a clumsy completely unintentional head clash. He did as much damage to himself as he did to the other guy.
That collision can have no relevance to someone's character.