• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Finals

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Don't have to bring some pop national psychology into it. They're just pricks, at least Farrell is, and pricks are everywhere, playing for every country in every sport.
Yeah, but it's fun. I'm not saying you're wrong. You probably aren't. But Farrell's got enough previous to suggest that, deep down, he doesn't think the rules apply to him. And today's deliberate knock-on could have cost us the match if Fiji had made the most of the penalty, which would have been likelier if the ref hadn't bottled the yellow card. I dunno, I just don't find the England rugby team likeable, and it wouldn't have bothered me at all if Fiji had knocked us out today. Whereas I have no real gripe with the cricket or football teams even when they don't play as well as they might.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He got a red card for a clumsy completely unintentional head clash. He did as much damage to himself as he did to the other guy.
That collision can have no relevance to someone's character.
Agree to differ mate when someone habitually finds himself in trouble with the refs or is lucky not to, as he was today. But it's fine. :happy:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yeah farrell doesn't come across well and marler is annoying af. But the rest seem OK. The celebrating penalty thing winds a lot of people up and now most other teams do that too

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Marler's an interesting one, and to be honest he completely disproves the point I was making (albeit very badly). I absolutely used to view him as a complete DH for his conduct on the pitch, and then I read something that he'd written, maybe in a book, where he spoke really well about mental health and his struggles with it. So what do I know?

Tom Flint

International Regular
Marler's an interesting one, and to be honest he completely disproves the point I was making (albeit very badly). I absolutely used to view him as a complete DH for his conduct on the pitch, and then I read something that he'd written, maybe in a book, where he spoke really well about mental health and his struggles with it. So what do I know?
Yeah I don't think marler is a bad guy. Just annoying, he had a random talksport feature a year or so ago which was very cringe and was stopped after a couple weeks!

Ali TT

International Debutant
And just like that it's level.

Just had 3 amazing quarters already yet that 8 minutes beats them all.

ripper868

International Coach
Sa's little guys (well, Arendse so far) making a huge difference, give so much pace. Reinach been justified over de Klerk so far as well.

Loving that his isn't just a forward bash fest that many I think expected.