• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QF 1 - England vs Portugal

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
International sport is about performing at the crunch moments. New Zealand didn't on a single fourth day in the series and hence got beat.

Waughney

International Debutant
Maybe.................................well OK yes, but I guess it's just about the only thing they've won against us and I didn't mind too much, being a League supporter.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
England look like they can't win without Rooney.Too bad.Wanted to see him in the Final.Anybody know his status.Beckham's penalty practises are really going well!!It takes an enormous amount to miss those important ones.

Craig

World Traveller
Swervy said:
Beckham was very poor...he has had a shocker all the way through

Campbell is a footballing god though
I think this tournament has confirmed that he is one of the best central defenders in the world, along with Alessandro Nesta.

David James has had a good tournament IMO (I never thought I would say that). Will be interesting if England decide to pick Carlo Cudicini when he becomes available for England. He won't get a look in for Italy playing in England.

Deja moo

International Captain
Whats all this stuff about the "wrongly" disallowed goal ?

You flap you hands in the goalie's face , the goal will be disallowed !

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
orangepitch said:
Whats all this stuff about the "wrongly" disallowed goal ?

You flap you hands in the goalie's face , the goal will be disallowed !
yeh i agree, the ref got it right IMO

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
This isn't going to be France all over again is it?
Watching that game, I got the sense of deja vu, not just of France, but harking back to Euro 2000 against Portugal.

Say what you want about Heskey, but we needed him up there last Thursday.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
seems a bit like WC 2002 when the home team was given a passage to the Semis by the officials to keep interest in the tournament in the home country.
And who was the ref who gave the Korean's a penalty in that Tournament?

Swiss neutral, Meier Urs!!!

chris.hinton

International Captain
MY view

The Swiss Ref was a Complete Idiot. That goal was legal no doudt about it i wonder why it was not allowed and he did not get the advice of the Linesman

Beckham should be Dropped? he is over rated and it shows that he has never been a world class player

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Beckham's failure is due to the Real Madrid training methods.If he was still at Man Utd it could have been a different story.

Craig

World Traveller
chris.hinton said:
MY view

The Swiss Ref was a Complete Idiot. That goal was legal no doudt about it i wonder why it was not allowed and he did not get the advice of the Linesman

Beckham should be Dropped? he is over rated and it shows that he has never been a world class player
Replaced by whom?