• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pure Entertainment XI

Jezroy

State Captain
****! Man I really want Hardik. I’d probably pull out Willey and put Hardik in.

Love to see a massive Ramdin/Hardik partnership.
Mind you, you could also get a couple of leg spinners in there. Then your batting order could read

de Kock
Ramdin
Astle
Warne

Or insert the up and coming West Indies player

de Kock
Ramdin
Astle
Pooran

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
From players I've seen play, a squad of 22 very entertaining cricketers that I'd like to see play together

Afridi
Warne
Murali
Gayle
Sehwag
Mitch Johnson
Lara
Sachin
Akram
Balaji
Irfan Pathan
Ravi Jadeja
Shakib
Akhtar
ABDV
Dilshan
Jonty Rhodes
Collingwood
Symonds
Flintoff
Dhoni
Sanga

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Jadeja selection has to be the fakest 'I'm too deep into this to give up at this point' piece of bull**** on this site

cnerd123

likes this
I genuinely love watching Jaddu bat, field, bowl and act like a general **** on the field.

The sword dance is the greatest thing to happen to cricket since Sreesanth dancing in Andre Nel's face. Sreesanth and Nel worthy contenders for this thread too btw

Daemon

A few guys in there like Balaji and Rhodes who would only be fun for like 5 minutes per game but otherwise be extremely boring to watch for the rest. Otherwise a solid list.

From the players I've watched I think this would be box office stuff

Sehwag
Hayden
Ponting
Pietersen
AB
Gilchrist
Stokes
Flintoff
Warne
Steyn
Shoaib

I want Lara in there but I never saw him dominate.

cnerd123

likes this
Balaji's smile is timeless you shut your whore mouth you

I've picked a bunch of gun fielders there to make it interesting. Suppose I could find two gun fielders who are more exciting with bat/ball than Collingwood and Rhodes tho TBF. Yuvraj and Boult come to mind now.

Stokes and KP are solid picks too

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Gayle
Jayasuriya
Viv Richards
KP
Gower
Flintoff
Gilchrist (on peak batting alone, for the gloves I'll go Knott)
Warne
Marshall
Akram
Holding

would be my pick, I can only really go from cricketers I've seen but that list contains names that empties the bars when they are on form

vcs

Bond and Steyn would be my dream opening bowling pair. Bond hooping them in and Steyn taking them away. :drools:

Gob

International Coach
Guys I saw

Warner
Sehwag
Ponting
Pietersen
Lara
Flintoff
Gilchrist
Johnson
Warne
Akthar
Steyn

Didn't see

Greenidge
Richards B
Richards V
Pollock
Sobers
Botham
Ames
Marshall
Lillee
Holding
Chandrasekar

Jezroy

State Captain
After much consideration, this is my ideal XI. In batting order. Warne gets a batting promotion.

Butt
Fakhar
Root

De Kock
Ramdin
Astle
Warne

Hardik
Cummins
Sidebottom
Steyn

vcs

After much consideration, this is my ideal XI. In batting order. Warne gets a batting promotion.

Butt
Fakhar
Root

De Kock
Ramdin
Astle
Warne

Hardik
Cummins
Sidebottom
Steyn
Why does Warne get in?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mine would be

Virender Sehwag
Dilshan (for the Dilscoop)
Shahid Afridi
Jesse Ryder
Gerry Snyman
Rizwan Cheema
Kamran Akmal (WK)
Paul Adams
Mitch Johnson
Lasith Malinga
Sreesanth

smash84

The Tiger King
An entertainment XI, among those i have seen

Sehwag
Jayasuriya
Viv Richards
Mark Waugh
Brian Lara
Kevin Pieterson
Adam Gilchrist
Akram
Warne
Steyn
Waqar

vcs

Surprised there aren't more mentions of Damien Martyn. Would watch him over the Afridis and Maxwells of the world every day of the week.