• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pure Entertainment XI

Bijed

International Regular
Inspired by an off-hand comment by harsh about how watchable having Flintoff, Botham and Stokes in the same team would be, what's the most entertaining/watchable test XI (all countries/eras) you can come up with, typical constrainsts of justifiable team balance and not forcing anyone out of position?

For contrast, feel free to name a boring XI as well

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hayden
Sehwag
Richards
Walters
McCullum
Miller
Gilchrist
Warne
Marshall
Tyson
Lillee

Don't have much of an imagination though. I think we need a High IQ / High Entertainment side and a Low IQ / High Entertainment side and contrast it with High IQ / Low E and Low IQ / Low E

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1.S. Ramesh
2. Adrian Griffith
3. Hashan Tillekaratne
4. VVS
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6. Adam Parore
7. Anisa Mohammed
8. Mohammad Shahid
9. Miguel Cummins
10. Matt Henry
11. Dean Headley

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tests

Chris Gayle
Brendon McCullum
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Adam Gilchrist
Ben Stokes/Freddie Flintoff
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Shoaib Akhtar
Chris Martin

Gnske

Actually I'll change mine

Hayden
Sehwag
Richards
Walters
McCullum
Miller
Gilchrist
Warne
Marshall
Wagner
Lillee

Call that the High IQ / High Entertainment XI

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Lara
Ponting
Richards
DeVilliers
Miller *
Symonds
Gilchrist +
Warne
Lillee
Ambrose
Tufnell

Gnske

I feel like Afridi is going missing from these equations, a perfect mix of excitement and complete shambolic disappointment.

One for the Low IQ XI

mr_mister

My personal one

Gilchrist +
Gayle
Maxwell
Lynn
Hetmyer
Afridi
Flintoff
Wasim
Warne
Shoaib
Malinga

Athlai

Not Terrible
The problem with Afridi is that there is nothing entertaining about his bowling. Absolutely clinical with the ball.

mr_mister

Yeah but his batting made up for it

Maxis fielding is clinical but we still call him entertaining

Daemon

The problem with Afridi is that there is nothing entertaining about his bowling. Absolutely clinical with the ball.
His celebration is great. Never seen anyone else so proud of showing off his gut.

trundler

Lots of all rounders in contention. Jessop, Botham, Flintoff, Afridi, Kapil, Sobers, Constantine, Miller, CdG.

Daemon

Notice how nobody has picked a finger spinner? They're pretty much anti-entertainment.