• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
furious_ged said:
I would, but I'm hoping Watto has a game in hand!
Unless he comes back to Queensland he won't need it

Amazing comeback by Queensland. Beware Vics. The charge of the Bulls will sweep you away.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
Queensland in to the final!!!
AH DAMN IT!!

C'mon Vics, i don't care about the Mickey MouseING Cup (Hookesy you bloody legend) i want this one more i'm goin days 2,3,4,5.
Revenge will be sweet

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
:( :( Aw dang. Why couldn't Berry have just told everyone to go out?:(

Great, now we play the undefeatables instead of the easy beats.:rolleyes: :!(

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
For once, could South Australia please not collapse.....they would have won many more games if it weren't for that. Maybe next year. I remember the old days when S.A.'s batting was the best but their bowling was pathetic......will they ever get a balance? It's not as if they don't have the talent......

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
:( :( Aw dang. Why couldn't Berry have just told everyone to go out?:(

Great, now we play the undefeatables instead of the easy beats.:rolleyes: :!(
Worried?

You should be!!

We're coming to get ya!!!

C'mon the Bulls

chris.hinton

International Captain
so its a Victoria vs Queensland final, i hope that Victoria win because of David Hookes and i think it Fated for this Outcome. Queensland look a powerful side and they have Bichel as well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chris.hinton said:
so its a Victoria vs Queensland final, i hope that Victoria win because of David Hookes and i think it Fated for this Outcome. Queensland look a powerful side and they have Bichel as well.
Queensland - powerful?

No Hayden, Symonds, Secombe, Kasprowicz, possibly no Maher. Far from powerful. Yet we managed to beat a reasonably full strength N.S.W. side (who can apparently beat any international side). Queensland will have to make some tough decisions about the make up of the team for the final. Mackenzie had the flu and Hauritz a back complaignt. If Maher comes back either Nye will make way for Simpson in the middle order or Simpson will take Hauritz's place, Phillipson might be available. The third quick will be between the out-of-form Noffke, injured Mackenzie, unimpressive Brant and coming back from injury Johnson.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Mr. Wright that is the first bit of doubt I have heard from you about Qld.

The way I read it is that have an embrassment of riches. Who to pick? All these talented young Queenslanders dying to play for their state. What other state can claim three first gamers getting a hundred? Who ever plays will do the job.

How far is Johnson away from playing? That guy is a real talent if he can stay on the field. I don't think they will risk him in the final though.

My Pura Cup winning team

J.Maher
C.Perren
M.Love
S.Law
C.Philipson/A.Nye
C.Simpson
J.Hopes
C.Hartley
A.Bichel
J.Dawes
A.Nofke/D.Mackenzie

I'm still not convinced about James Hopes as a No.6 batsman/allrounder (I reckon Lee Carlseldine would be better)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mavric41 said:
Mr. Wright that is the first bit of doubt I have heard from you about Qld.

The way I read it is that have an embrassment of riches. Who to pick? All these talented young Queenslanders dying to play for their state. What other state can claim three first gamers getting a hundred? Who ever plays will do the job.

How far is Johnson away from playing? That guy is a real talent if he can stay on the field. I don't think they will risk him in the final though.

My Pura Cup winning team

J.Maher
C.Perren
M.Love
S.Law
C.Philipson/A.Nye
C.Simpson
J.Hopes
C.Hartley
A.Bichel
J.Dawes
A.Nofke/D.Mackenzie

I'm still not convinced about James Hopes as a No.6 batsman/allrounder (I reckon Lee Carlseldine would be better)
Hmmm...don't remember expressing any doubt over Qld's chances, infact I think they will win, any team with Bichel, Love & Maher is a big chance. I just don't think it is the most powerful side we can put on the paddock - obviously. We have a great amount of depth in our talent, and Qld will always produce quality players.

Johnson played grade cricket the last two weekends, if not more.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
mavric41 said:
Worried?

You should be!!

C'mon the Bulls
Oh we're terrified, what are we 4 from 4 this year and your side half dead while we're debating about whether an Aussie player should play

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
mavric41 said:
Worried?

You should be!!

C'mon the Bulls
What did i tell you? What kind of ABSOLUTE IDIOT would bowl first against a team with Elliott, Arnberger, Hodge and Moss in this kind of final on a flat wicket?