• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
North has continued his good form, making 130 not out vs SA, should be an interesting match as SA are without Lehmann and Blewy.

Dighton batted well to save Tassie, 2 early wickets have the Vics in trouble but Hodge is rebuilding right now.

QLD were saved by Bichel (112) and Nye (102), McGrath has 23 overs 1/43, Nicholson 2/100, Bracken 24 overs 3/56, tucker 1/105 and Clarke 1/47. another interesting match developing...
So much for a full strength N.S.W. team being able to beat any side in the world. They can't even bowl an injury plagued Qld team out for less than 350. With Bevan, Waughs, Clarke, Haddin, McGrath, Bracken & Nicholson they are struggling with N.S.W. 3/84 with Golden Boy Clarke out for 13.

Nye becomes the third Qld player this season to score a century on debut following Hartley & Phillipson. Five Bulls players have hit their maiden first-class centuries this season - Hartley, Noffke, Phillipson, Hopes & Nye.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
age_master said:
Dighton batted well to save Tassie, 2 early wickets have the Vics in trouble but Hodge is rebuilding right now.

QLD were saved by Bichel (112) and Nye (102), McGrath has 23 overs 1/43, Nicholson 2/100, Bracken 24 overs 3/56, tucker 1/105 and Clarke 1/47. another interesting match developing...
First, do you really think we (Victoria) want to beat Tassie?

Second, Come on Andy Bichel, i wish i saw it

It would seem as if the race is now between Queensland and Tasmania, NSW haven't got a hope in hell. Tassie have all but got first innings points.

It's good to see all the teams trying to control their own fate though. Makes for a good last round of cricket.

Go you big champ you, Watto! He's taken 2/53 off 17 overs including the wicket of Hodge for 125.

17 overs in one innings suggests that the back is just about up there.

There's just a skerrick of hope left for NSW. The Vics need a sensational tail-wag (mostly from Berry and McDonald - both in form I think) for NSW to have any hope.

On that, Bevan and Mr. S Waugh fighting hard to keep Queensland at bay. Although with 418 in the first innings and NSW progressing steadily, it'll take a brave captain with a brave declaration to make this match happen. But they both need it, so it'll come. Depends who cracks first.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Hmm, probably wouldve been more handy if WA had gotten all these points at the start of the season...:rolleyes: :lol:

Its ironic about the NSW team, they just about are full strength! Only Lee, Katich and Magoo (I saw that yesterday and loved it ;)) away? Or am I missing someone...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
Hmm, probably wouldve been more handy if WA had gotten all these points at the start of the season...:rolleyes: :lol:

Its ironic about the NSW team, they just about are full strength! Only Lee, Katich and Magoo (I saw that yesterday and loved it ;)) away? Or am I missing someone...
Slater, but he's far from his best.

furious_ged said:
Wish it would rain over in Adelaide. :(
...And here it comes! Wonder if it will stop the match.

Either way WA are reasonably well placed thanks to Hogg and Wates (must be coming good with the bat).

Now WA have a 300 run lead. I'll take that.

I'm really scratching my head as to how they got that.

Watesy's top scored. Turns out he is actually good for something after all.

Watto's trying to carry Tassie to safety, but they're 5/163 at lunch, an overall lead of 252 with 77 overs to play. Watto is 89* off as many balls.

Tassie look pretty safe from NSW and Queensland with that match seemingly over now. They've got their two points, whatever happens from here doesn't bother them. I'm sure they'd like the full set though.

Mr. P

he went out almost as soon as you posted that...

anyways, tassie have declared 311 in front, leaving the vics 67 overs to get the runs.:)

Luckily he got out after hitting 117 :D

Results are looming!
NSW need 277 from 55 overs
Vic need 312 from 65 overs

Best of all, WA won!! Go Eddy! SA suck. The only thing they are good at is collapsing.

Linda

Eddy always takes 2 or 3, but good on him for taking 5. What a champ.

Next year, the Vics better watch it. If the last 4 games from WA are anything to go by that is.

And Ged, you going to tell them about your findings?:lol: