• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prolong Warne's career - MacGill

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Benchmark, there have been 2 references on this thread referring to MacGill pushing his own barrow. Read them and stop fighting this losing battle.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
That is the poorest response i've ever seen.

You really have nothing to back up his 'poor attitude', do you?
im fairly sure most people would agree that he has a poor attitude.

8-)

Just keep living in denial.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
howardj said:
least we know that macgill doesn't push his own barrow, right? :laugh:
No, the other 3 members of the attack push the barrow 90% of the way in a classical straight motion, he comes along takes the last 10% in a zigzaggy type of motion and gets the glory.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
No, the other 3 members of the attack push the barrow 90% of the way in a classical straight motion, he comes along takes the last 10% in a zigzaggy type of motion and gets the glory.
:laugh:

Are you being serious or...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GoT_SpIn said:
im fairly sure most people would agree that he has a poor attitude.

8-)

Just keep living in denial.
Why can't you give me examples of his poor attitude?!?!

You say "watch him on the field".... and the reason is because he "swears towards the camera" that's absolutely pathetic. On that basis alone, Glenn McGrath has the worst attitude in the world.

If anything, his attitude is brilliant. He celebrates just about every wicket, showing how much it means to him to perform for his country.

You've missed the point completely, gangsta.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Can anyone blame Magilla for wanting to be in the Australian side, especially having such a record (191 wickets in 39 tests)?

Doesn't his talent warrant being in a McGrath-less bowling attack?

IMO, his desperation to play for his country is an enviable attitude. When he does get his chance, he performs. It's time.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Why can't you give me examples of his poor attitude?!?!

You say "watch him on the field".... and the reason is because he "swears towards the camera" that's absolutely pathetic. On that basis alone, Glenn McGrath has the worst attitude in the world.

If anything, his attitude is brilliant. He celebrates just about every wicket, showing how much it means to him to perform for his country.

You've missed the point completely, gangsta.
ooo calling me gangsta, how cool of you monkey boy:happy:

I can't provide any examples of his poor attitude, since its often on the field with which you continue to deny.

MacGill should shut his mouth and stop pretending to be helping other people in the name of "prolonging" .

Last edited:

benchmark00

GoT_SpIn said:
ooo calling me gangsta, how cool of you monkey boy:happy:

I can't provide any examples of his poor attitude, since its often on the field with which you continue to deny.

MacGill should shut his mouth and stop pretending to be helping other people in the name of "prolonging" .
You've out done yourself this time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LongHopCassidy said:
Doesn't his talent warrant being in a McGrath-less bowling attack?
Bearing in mind almost all of his success has come off the back of playing with 3 genuinely world class bowlers, I'd be tempted to say no.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Bearing in mind almost all of his success has come off the back of playing with 3 genuinely world class bowlers, I'd be tempted to say no.
You can say that about every Australian player, can't you? Warne's success has mostly come with McGrath, McGrath's has come with Warne's, Gillespie with both of them, Lee with all three, etc.

Really, MacGill's done nothing wrong at any point in his career, and he's surely the best player in the world who isn't a test regular.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Ah, but was his 5 wickets per Test achieved because of his teammates, or in spite of them?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I actually think a lot of his success has come from being the weakest link in the attack since batsmen have to try and score runs from one of the bowlers...

benchmark00

marc71178 said:
I actually think a lot of his success has come from being the weakest link in the attack since batsmen have to try and score runs from one of the bowlers...
Yeah that's what I think about Marshall, Murali and Lillee to be honest with you...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Yeah that's what I think about Marshall, Murali and Lillee to be honest with you...
because they were the weakest link? 8-)

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously Warne and Murali are the only word-class spinners of recent times. Then it's daylight to the lesser likes of Such, MacGill, Tufnell.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think Macgill is World-Class. I just think Warne is an All-Time great. Destiny must suck for Stu.