• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progressive A.B. Medal count.

howardj

International Coach
How precious is Ponting! :laugh:

All the stuff heaped on the Poms down the years, and he gets all 'cut' over a few jokes on an awards night.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I enjoyed that medal count more than any other, actually. Genuine laughs, Mark Nicholas was great (shhh).
Also that plays of the year thing that Jimmy Brayshaw commentated was top shelf :laughing: I hadnt seen that Pakistani guy before, loved it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was glad I had a meeting and therefore had to record the medal. Didn't have to listen to all the guff inbetween and only had to watch the 'good' stuff.

How crap of a job did Eddie do though? Does he realise it is 2006?

Matteh

howardj said:
How precious is Ponting! :laugh:

All the stuff heaped on the Poms down the years, and he gets all 'cut' over a few jokes on an awards night.
A smile from Duncan Fletcher after being run-out really 'cut's him too :)

congrats to Ponting/Warne/Hussey....although Hussey can be fairly happy that the draw of the Cardiff nightlife proved too much for Symonds 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL! The fact that its irritated Ponting makes Tuffnell's segment that much funnier.

andyc

I liked Dougie Walters speech about the drinking record from Sydney to London. I remember he'd told something along the same lines in Shanghai, but it was still great.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mister Wright said:
I was glad I had a meeting and therefore had to record the medal. Didn't have to listen to all the guff inbetween and only had to watch the 'good' stuff.

How crap of a job did Eddie do though? Does he realise it is 2006?
Thank you Mr Wright, I am glad I am not alone in the total and utter disdain I felt for Eddie McGuire. I think he should limit himself to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and leave the serious television to those with style, class and a good sense of time.

Personally if Mr bin Laden ever decides that Eddie is a viable terrorist target I will personally provide him with all the explosives he would require.

That said I thnk the 2006 winners were well deserved though my heart does go out to Andrew Symonds. He had a stellar 2006 and it is a shame that off field indiscretions got the better of him.

My only query is to the selectors. I hope they can answer this one simply question. Why did you wait until Michael Hussey was 30 before you gave him a place on our test and ODI side? We experimented with the likes of Love, Lehmann and Maher (all good cricketers in their own right) yet they consistently ignored the pure class that is M.Hussey.

howardj

International Coach
Western Warrior said:
Thank you Mr Wright, I am glad I am not alone in the total and utter disdain I felt for Eddie McGuire. I think he should limit himself to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and leave the serious television to those with style, class and a good sense of time.

My only query is to the selectors. I hope they can answer this one simply question. Why did you wait until Michael Hussey was 30 before you gave him a place on our test and ODI side? We experimented with the likes of Love, Lehmann and Maher (all good cricketers in their own right) yet they consistently ignored the pure class that is M.Hussey.
Can't let these ramblings go unchecked! :laugh: Eddie McGuire might suffer from over-exposure, but he's still a class act. It's pretty hard to host something as dull as the AB Medal. Secondly, to answer your question, check out Hussey's Pura Cup averages for the last six years. Pretty ordinary. Having said that, he's been absolutely sensational in the International theatre.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Eddie gets too much hate. He is brilliant on The Footy Show, and hosts that very well. Mind you, I do think a cricket personality should host the AB Medal. But Eddie isn't too bad.

Brayshaw should have hosted it :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rumour has it that Ricky Ponting has appointed RJ Malone as his public relations (reaction and response) consultant.

Mister Wright

Jono said:
LOL! The fact that its irritated Ponting makes Tuffnell's segment that much funnier.
Yeah, Ponting's an idiot. Australian's have been known for their sense of humour. We've been making fun of the poms for years about their inability to win the Ashes, they've finally won it now, and Ponting can't take the jokes...Maybe he's still got in the back of his mind that he will be forever known that he was the captain that let the Ashes slip.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, Ponting's an idiot. Australian's have been known for their sense of humour. We've been making fun of the poms for years about their inability to win the Ashes, they've finally won it now, and Ponting can't take the jokes...Maybe he's still got in the back of his mind that he will be forever known that he was the captain that let the Ashes slip.
These things are all relative. He can never be known in those terms by people of my generation - that's a title reserved for Bill Lawry.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Eddie gets too much hate. He is brilliant on The Footy Show, and hosts that very well. Mind you, I do think a cricket personality should host the AB Medal. But Eddie isn't too bad.

Brayshaw should have hosted it :p
I agree, I reckon Eddies tops. But like you say, a cricket personality should do the medal.