• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progressive A.B. Medal count.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Test Player - Warne 19(4), Ponting 12(2), McGrath 11(2), Hayden 10(1), Hussey 9(3), Lee 5, Gilchirst 4, Hodge 3(1), Martyn 3(1), Katich 3, Langer 3, Clarke 2, MacGill 2, Symonds 2

With the last of the Test matches involved in the 2006 A.B. Medal count now played I think Warnie is pretty safe as Test Player of the year. However, even with the extra weight given to test performances I don't think it will be enough to get him the A.B. Medal.

howardj

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Test Player - Warne 19(4), Ponting 12(2), McGrath 11(2), Hayden 10(1), Hussey 9(3), Lee 5, Gilchirst 4, Hodge 3(1), Martyn 3(1), Katich 3, Langer 3, Clarke 2, MacGill 2, Symonds 2

With the last of the Test matches involved in the 2006 A.B. Medal count now played I think Warnie is pretty safe as Test Player of the year. However, even with the extra weight given to test performances I don't think it will be enough to get him the A.B. Medal.[/QUOTE]

i don't know - he'll be pretty hard to beat from here. there were 30 odi's, and 15 test matches. therefore, to get equal weighting, the test match points count double. thus, if this is somewhere near accuarate, warnie has 38 points. pretty hard to mow down from there. anyway, heaps of work has gone into this. in between doing some work, i'll try to finish the count, by doing the vb series, and then double out the test match points to give them equal weighting.

howardj

International Coach
Game 38 - VB Series - Aust v SL - Jan 13

Martyn 3 (70)
Symonds 2 (66)
Bracken 1 (2/11)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great work guys. Good to see Howard updating the VB matches.

I reckon Warne for test player, Hussey for ODI player and Ponting for the AB medal overall.

howardj

International Coach
Game 41 - VB Series - Aust v SL - Jan 22

Bracken 3 (2/40)
Symonds 2 (1/44 & 31)
Clarke 1 (67)

howardj

International Coach
Game 42 - VB Series - Aus v SL - Jan 26

Symonds 3 (3/48 & 32 off 33)
Hogg 2 (2/35)
Katich 1 (52)

howardj

International Coach
Game 43 - VB Series - Aus v SL - Jan 29

Gilchrist 3 (116 and for the totally OTT celebration!)
Katich 2 (82)
Clark 1 (2/40)

howardj

International Coach
Game 44 - VB Series - Aus v SL - Feb 3

Lee 3 (4/30)
Hussey 2 (66 off 44)
Symonds 1 (65 of 60 & 1/41)

howardj

International Coach
Game 45 - VB Series - Aus v SA - Feb 5

Gilchrist 3 (88 off 66)
Ponting 2 (72 off 61)
Symonds 1 (2 for 42 on an absolute road)

howardj

International Coach
Final (hypothetical) Points Tally

AB Test Player of the Year: Shane Warne

*There were 30 odi's, and 15 test matches. therefore, to get equal weighting, the test match points count double, (and have been doubled here)

Warne 38(4), Ponting 24(2), McGrath 22(2), Hayden 20(1), Hussey 18(3), Lee 10, Gilchirst 8, Hodge 6(1), Martyn 6(1), Katich 6, Langer 6, Clarke 4, MacGill 4, Symonds 4

AB ODI Player of the Year: EDIT: Brett Lee (Symonds :beer: is ineligible)

Symonds 26 (5); Lee 22 (4); Gilchrist 20 (5); Hussey 17 (5); Martyn 14 (2); Ponting 13 (1); McGrath 12 (2); Clarke 12 (2); Watson 7 (2); Bracken 6 (1); Hayden 6 (1); Hogg 6; Katich 4; Clark 3; Gillespie 3; Kasprowicz 3; Jaques 2; Lewis 2.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Well, the final (hypothetical) votes are in:

AB Medal Winner: Shane Warne

Final Tally: Warne 38; Ponting 37; Hussey 35; McGrath 34; Lee 32; Symonds 30; Gilchrist 28; Hayden 26; Martyn 20; Clarke 16; Katich 10; Watson 7; Bracken 6; Hogg 6; Hodge 6; Langer 6; MacGill 4; Clark 3; Gillespie 3; Kasprowicz 3; Jacques 2; Lewis 2.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pity that Symonds isn't allowed to win any award then isn't it?

Kind of means having to go back and recast votes!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
the ceremony is coming up tonight (australia time) and the obvious candidates for the test & ODI player of the year will be between Ponting, Warne, Hussey & Lee.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hope you guys all know that Andy Symonds can't win anything coz of his boozing in Cardiff... don't know if that means his votes are struck off but he's certainly ineligible.