• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progressive A.B. Medal count.

howardj

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Pity that Symonds isn't allowed to win any award then isn't it?

Kind of means having to go back and recast votes!
No it doesn't.

Regarding Symonds, my understanding is that it is identical to the Brownlow Medal (the AFL's version of player of the year). That is, you still can collect votes throughout the course of the year, but you can not win an award. Therefore, the judges do not have to go back and re-cast their votes to exclude Symonds.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For Tests I really think it's a toss up between Warne and Ponting, while for ODIs, probably between Hussey and Lee.

cameeel

International Captain
My Predictions:

ODI: Brett Lee 51 Wickets @ 19.94 & 156 Runs @ 39.00 (ODI's Only)
Tests: Shane Warne 96 @ 22.03 & 416 Runs @ 20.80 (Tests only)
Overall: Ricky Ponting 1554 @ 67.13 (TEST) & 1191 @ 45.81 (ODI)

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
andyc said:
For Tests I really think it's a toss up between Warne and Ponting, while for ODIs, probably between Hussey and Lee.
With Mister Wright's predictions, Warne got 38, Ponting 37. 1 point between them...so, yeah, it will be between Warne and Ponting, and Lee and Hussey (probably) for the medals...

I'm recording it...I've got work tomorrow and for my own safety have decided not to stay up too late (they'll probably have 30-60 minutes of music (:yawn: ), so I can't be bothered to watch it and wait until they actually start the interesting part..

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
4 way tie in ODI player of the year with Hussey, Lee, Gilchrist and Symonds all getting 22 points. Symonds would have won on countback but is inelligible so its down to 3.

most votes of 3 is equal between Hussey and Gilly - most 2 votes has Hussey the winner :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gilly, Symonds, Hussey and Lee all tied on 22 votes. The count back process (players who got the most 3s) would have resulted in Symo winning, but he's of course ineligible. Gilly and Hussey tied on most 3s, so they go on most 2s and Hussey wins!

Awesome stuff, I'm 1 from 1 so far :D

Edit: Damn you Age :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was hilarious. His comment that after Warne's dropping of the Ashes, he should seek advice of Herschelle Gibbs was gold.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Funny how the Aussies didn't like it, but are quite happy to revel in comments made by Waugh on the field...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tuffers probably had his get-away car ready as soon as left the stage. haha.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
certainly much better than any cricketing contribution he ever made...
I thought that it was very apt that Tuffers be asked to address Australia's finest.

The man's post-retirement entertainment career has proved that he truly is a shining wit.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I like Tuffers, he wasn't the greatest cricketer that's for sure but having that little speech from him was pretty funny.

The players didn't like it though, haha.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Why the f did they ask him to make the speech in the first place, esp knowing that he's a pom and would try to ruin the night!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
parttimer said:
Why the f did they ask him to make the speech in the first place, esp knowing that he's a pom and would try to ruin the night!
"Warney ... just because you're a mate of Kevin Pietersen's, it didn't mean at that last day at The Oval you had to drop him twice," Tufnell teased. "Do you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you might have dropped the Ashes? I have got Herschelle Gibbs's phone number here if you want some counselling."

Seems there's some that can dish it out - but can't take it.

But then again, we knew that already.