• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential interview with Dr. Steve Stern - Duckworth/Lewis/Stern

gvenkat

State Captain
As you all may be aware D/L was changed to D/L/S. We may have an opportunity to chat with him and get some insight in to how the system works. If you have any questions. Please feel free to post it here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Didn't actually know it was DLS. Interesting, and good to see continuous development.

I will probably only give maths geek questions...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) Does he think less of Ritchie Benaud since it was he who proposed the system before DL where you deducted the lowest scored overs from the team who batted first. Remember to press for a firm yes or no answer here.

2) On a serious note, ask him to explain the DL(S) - how does it calculate a rain reduced total for the team batting second. Would like to hear his explanation.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does he think that ODIs and T20s should have distinct DLS systems? If yes, what should be the distinctions?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'd like to know why the D/L/S guys shouldn't release an online calculator (or an app) with appropriate inputs instead of unwieldy tables?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Do you think it's possible to create a score adjustment system which takes into account batsman and bowler records?