• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland to finish ahead of France.... That way the French will avoid ABs in the Quarter Finals.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I liked watching Spencer play, but never saw enough of Tony Brown. Was he similar to Mehrtens?
Great defender was Tony Brown, a decent play maker yet nothing as great as Spencer or Mehrts in that department, better kicking than Spencer in my opinion.

I remember in this one match years and years ago, Hurricanes vs, Highlanders and Brown nailed Lomu, while Lomu was still quite fit mind you.

By himself, a little first five just crumpling the big man. Brilliant

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best pool IMO for competition anyway. Argentina France and Ireland could all impress I think and Georgia is hardly the worst side in the world.

Fiery

Banned
Best pool IMO for competition anyway. Argentina France and Ireland could all impress I think and Georgia is hardly the worst side in the world.
I think the England/Yarps/Samoa pool is the best one actually. Can see the Samoans tipping the poms over actually

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Easily the tightest pool, without a shadow of a doubt. Mind you, Georgia are one of the worst teams in the tournament.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Easily the tightest pool, without a shadow of a doubt. Mind you, Georgia are one of the worst teams in the tournament.
They impressed me once years back and I don't think I've ever forgot it, the tight five only though mind you. No idea of their current state but.

And I wouldn't count the Samoans out of it but I would go with the bigger teams for that pool, yet the 3 teams in this pool have all got something going for them. Should be interesting to see how the match goes.

Ireland for me.

Norn_Iron

Cricket Spectator
In the six nations Ireland would have beat France if it wasn't for the poor defending at the end i.e missed tackles, in the world cup Ireland will have a bigger and better squad and really if we beat France, that should guarantee 1st place.

The players are there, there's a good mixture between youth and experience, I mean players like O'Driscoll, Trimble, O'gara, Darcy and Paul O'conell, we could easily get to the semi's.

springbox suck

Cricket Spectator
france and ireland

i think argentinas gonna be a surprise and that they will beat ireland but get beaten by france and not continue

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
France, Ireland and Argentina... Very tough to predict. I would say that France win the group: they play at home, so they have an advantage. Ireland and Argentina? I would pick the Pumas.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope they drug Test all the French Players randomly and thoroughly, because after Bernard Laport's comments of accusing the ABs I feel its a smoke screen to cover something illegal the Frenchies may themselves have been up to...I hope they get tested by neutral drug testers fairly thoroughly.

Son Of Coco

Georgia to be the bolters from this group for mine.

I can't wait to hear the band strike up their national anthem. "Georgia....Geooorgiiiaa....I've got Georgia on my miiind"

Brings a tear to the eye every time

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well here we go, less than 12 hours out from the opening match (France vs Argentina). I'm picking France to pick up a few late tries and win easily enough in the end after a tight first half. Should be an interesting match worth watching!

Perm

Quite excited about the opening game, although I'll be getting up at 6am and watching the opening ceremony. Like Somerset, I'm predicting a French victory, although I'd absolutely love to see Argentina get up and win.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well here we go, less than 12 hours out from the opening match (France vs Argentina). I'm picking France to pick up a few late tries and win easily enough in the end after a tight first half. Should be an interesting match worth watching!

....quite excited myself....and glad I dont have to get up early....coverage of the game starts at 7:30pm here...booked my seat infront of the tv....hoping for an Argentinian win :)