• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - New Zealand, Argentina, Tonga, Georgia, Namibia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should've been a red card for that IMO. Dunno what he was thinking. Absolute brain fade.
It's not the first time he's tried a sneaky trip in his career, he's just normally less conspicuous, but yeah sloppy, lazy and ill-disciplined play.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've picked New Zealand to win by 64 today, but see on betting sites that they are paying $101 to win by 26 to 30 points. I know it is unlikely but it just seems like the odds are a little too high.

I mean perhaps the Namibians will be motivated as a strong showing could lead them to being granted T20I status.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It was only 8 years ago that even middle ranked sides like Italy were getting thrashed by 70+ points. It's good signs that margins of defeat are shrinking significantly even for the weakest teams.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It was only 8 years ago that even middle ranked sides like Italy were getting thrashed by 70+ points. It's good signs that margins of defeat are shrinking significantly even for the weakest teams.
More professional players in the european leagues now. It's a good thing but it probably means there are very few international teams able to establish a brand. South Africa and the All Blacks are probably the only teams with a real brand cache where playing for your country is the top honour, exlusive of patriotism.

91Jmay

International Coach
Namibia only had a couple of professional players last night. Big difference is how easy it is for amateur players to add size/power (read into that comment what you will) now which reduces the space and stops teams being totally dominated.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Namibia only had a couple of professional players last night. Big difference is how easy it is for amateur players to add size/power (read into that comment what you will) now which reduces the space and stops teams being totally dominated.
hmmmm

91Jmay

International Coach
Not just blaming amateur, professionals are unrecognisable in size nowadays. Savea and George North would have been second rows in the 80s.

Professionalism, diet and training techniques play a big role, but other things do as well.