• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting the only "one and only"

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
In my cricket career, I've played most of my matches out of foam.

Apart from that, I'm ****ing brilliant.
I am not taking that as a proof, I was just reffering to stats at the end of that,

Most Runs over 70 Consecutive dismissals

Bradman : 6996
Ponting 5217

Now what I mean, If Ponting had not all those disadvantages, Ponting would get to 6000+...

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
So, hang on, your saying Ponting was the best, because if you ignore the games were he wasn't playing well, then he was brilliant?

That's got to be the worst justification i've seen in a long time.
Thank you for really discussing it, again a big thanks for not being emotional like *****

Not ignoring the games he wasn't playing well

But I am ignoring the games where he was not in foam. He played really bad in certain games where he was in foam and I am not ignoring those games. But I am talking about the possibility that he could have retired after those 70 consecutive dismissals and would have not played before them.

cpr

International Coach
Thank you for really discussing it, again a big thanks for not being emotional like *****

Not ignoring the games he wasn't playing well

But I am ignoring the games where he was not in foam. He played really bad in certain games where he was in foam and I am not ignoring those games. But I am talking about the possibility that he could have retired after those 70 consecutive dismissals and would have not played before them.

But are you ignoring the games where other contenders for the all time great title were out of form? Bradman out of form would only hit 70 not 100+.

Also, whilst everyone has dips in form, someone who played as regularly as Ponting should find more consistency than someone who's matches were spread out over longer periods (eg, earlier players who didn't have the packed schedule of today). If a player has so many periods out of form that discounting them makes a massive impact on their career averages, then I'd argue that said player wasn't consistent enough playing at their best to be considered the greatest - potential and skill are only part of the game, consistency is hugely important.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
that 70 dismissals things encompasses the entirety of Bradman's career. From the young inexperienced 20 year old, to the past-his-best 40 year old. It included Bodyline. It included any games that he was out of form. And despite this, if you get Ponting at his peak for 70 dismissals to compare, the Don is still vastly superior

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Kane Williamson is the best batsman ever, because if you exclude all the matches in which he didn't score 240 not out, he has the highest average in history.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Kane Williamson is the best batsman ever, because if you exclude all the matches in which he didn't score 240 not out, he has the highest average in history.
Huh?

a batsman who played one match and scored 240, comparing him with a batsman who played 70 matches and scored 5916 runs?

Last edited:

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
that 70 dismissals things encompasses the entirety of Bradman's career. From the young inexperienced 20 year old, to the past-his-best 40 year old. It included Bodyline. It included any games that he was out of form. And despite this, if you get Ponting at his peak for 70 dismissals to compare, the Don is still vastly superior
Don got no disadvantages like Ponting did. Don won't be that superior if he had gotten disadvantages and Ponting had not gotten disadvantages #fact

Last edited:

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Ponting had really great abilities
So those who hate him, hate abilities
So you make him basis when you rate abilities
if do, then there are in your fate abilities

Last edited:

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
When he arrived on CW, did Dawood the Great!
By the end of the week he was an All Time Great!
Fighting the fight against anti-ability's hate!
Oh how great, how great, is Dawood the Great!

Oh his logic is sound, oh Dawood the Great!
And no prose to be found, with oh Dawood the Great!
Anti-abilities be jelly, dem haterz gon' hate!
But none can compare to good Dawood the Great!

From posting his poems, oh Dawood the Great!
To smashing exams, he's Dawood the Great!
And forever more I shan't ever hate!
I've been converted by Dawood the Great!
most fluent thing ever!

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
wtf... I just thought it would be fun if I somehow proved Ponting is the best cricketer.....

I am good at manipulating things....