• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poms' Diana Ross-Style Demands

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They do at home ffs. Look, I've been to England, and aside from Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden, The Fat Duck and that funky place where Zaremba kindly shouted Fertang and me lunch, it's a wasteland. Corrin's idea of a feed in Liverpool was a Chinese buffet chew 'n spew ffs.
I don't think zinger pies and parmis are really the best food for sportsmen to eat.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My sources who used to work with Michael Edgeley International have confirmed this is the most ridiculous set of demands since Whitney Houston's second Australian concert tour in the 1990s.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Typical divas.

Stunned at being in a country where fresh meat doesn't cause neurological disorders and a fruit salad isn't a red apple and a piece of canned pineapple, the Poms have taken to demanding all sorts of weird dietary combinations on tour.

What a pack of ****s, seriously. Stay where you're put, when you're put there. Eat what you're given, when you're given it. And if you don't like it you can shove it in your arse.
No wonder Australia are so terrible at sport these days if this is the attitude of the typical Australian. World has moved on- Australia clearly hasn't

Just another story about Australia being preoccupied with the English. Maybe Australia and their fans should concentrate a bit more on what is within their own control rather than complaining about the ball not bouncing in india or whatever their latest complaint.

Australian board can't even be bothered to tell their a team players that they've been selected Australia A v England XI, Tour match, Hobart : Australia A team informed via Twitter | Cricket News | England in Australia - The Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo. Presumably too busy passing judgement on the English.

Burgey

"This is the salmon that actually jumps on the hook for you. There's a whole little group of them sitting over there..."

- PJ Keating, 1995.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They do at home ffs. Look, I've been to England, and aside from Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden, The Fat Duck and that funky place where Zaremba kindly shouted Fertang and me lunch, it's a wasteland. Corrin's idea of a feed in Liverpool was a Chinese buffet chew 'n spew ffs.
Tis was all he could afford tbf
Pretty sure it was Burgey's choice, that place ain't cheap.

It's good though tbf

Burgey

Speaking of the great man, there's a four part documentary on him starting next Tuesday at 8pm on ABC

Burgey

Nah, this was in what passes for the big shopping centre there, Liverpool One.

Interestingly, the Liverpool fan store there is called Liverpool One.

When Everton opened theirs not long afterwards, they did a wonderful thing.

Called it Everton Two.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Guess what......so have I.

And It is my considered opinion (having spent approx half my life in each country) that in Australia, despite having such magnificent local produce...........90% of the population, 90% of the time eats absolute filth.

But seriously, is this what our banter has come down to.........our cuisine is better than your cuisine??

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder what they'd make of the food at Farley Hill CC - the result there always depends on the toss and fielding first because their teas are so remarkable in both quality and quantity that bowling fast or fielding with enthusiasm afterwards is just impossible - they even had wine ffs

Daemon

Seems like a case of England's nutritionist wanting to prove that he's worth his salary. They should do this when they tour the sub continent and aren't staying in a five star, would love to see the reaction of the cooks.

Burgey

Guess what......so have I.

And It is my considered opinion (having spent approx half my life in each country) that in Australia, despite having such magnificent local produce...........90% of the population, 90% of the time eats absolute filth.

But seriously, is this what our banter has come down to.........our cuisine is better than your cuisine??
It's interesting you say that. I genuinely do find a lot of the foods in England very heavy and starchy.

Mind you the curries are fantastic.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Red Hot Buffet was the restaurant btw and Burgey Liverpool One is a decent shopping centre

Burgey

It is. I managed to secure the Exclusive HMV One Direction Pack there for Burgetta, as you know.