• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Final Bowling Option for 1986 - 2005 XI

Who is your final bowling option for the 1986 - 2005 XI?

• Wasim Akram

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Waqar Younis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malcolm Marshall

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Richard Hadlee

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Mutthiah Muralitharan

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
BhupinderSingh said:
Wasim Akram was a better bowler than both Hadlee & Marshall.Its not like you are comparing Ajit Agarkar with McGrath.
no. but it is like comparing gillespie and mcgrath.

if you had been watching cricket since early 80s you will find it diffcult to look beyond hadlee and marshall for fast bowling. akram was a great. these two were among the greatest.

Xuhaib

International Coach
bagapath said:

if you had been watching cricket since early 80s you will find it diffcult to look beyond hadlee and marshall for fast bowling. akram was a great. these two were among the greatest.
No way man, Hadlee and Marshal were better but only just its more like McGrath and Pollock.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thnik Marshall has been overlooked a bit. Surley one of the greatest fast bowlers of all time?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but we already have 3 of the greatest fast bowlers of all time, may as well balance that out with 2 of the greatest spinners.

Plus, what if this team had to face a team full of Indian batsman, Warne wouldn't do the job so Murali would have to jump in.[/flame bait] :ph34r:

I'm kidding before anyone takes it seriously.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm in the Wasim camp; decent batter & his being a cack-hander adds variety to the attack. Maybe Murali on a Bunsen.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
I'm in the Wasim camp; decent batter & his being a cack-hander adds variety to the attack. Maybe Murali on a Bunsen.
I wanted to go for Wasim as well. He is the kind of bowler this team is missing at the moment, but Murali would probably serve the team better. I hope there is a 12th man poll as well, I'd love to see Akram being picked for that.

bagapath

International Captain
Xuhaib said:
No way man, Hadlee and Marshal were better but only just its more like McGrath and Pollock.
have to agree with you. much better comparison actually.

JBH001

International Regular
Jono said:
Yeah but we already have 3 of the greatest fast bowlers of all time, may as well balance that out with 2 of the greatest spinners.

Plus, what if this team had to face a team full of Indian batsman, Warne wouldn't do the job so Murali would have to jump in.[/flame bait] :ph34r:

No worries Jono - if they are Indian batsman the quickies can take care of them real easy!

J/K :p

R_D

International Debutant
Jono said:

lol
would hate to see the GREATEST spinner ever to play the game make a fool of himself once again but i'm sure people would find a perfect excuse for him.

bagapath said:

Akram was better than both them because:

1)He played for the most of his career on dead wickets while Marshall & Hadlee were greentop bullies.

2)Took more than 400 test wickets & is the only left hander in history to do it.

3)Akram's left handedness & ability to bowl 6 different delliveries in an over adds new dimensions & will surely trouble the batsmen more than right handed bowlers can do.

4)Was always under pressure due to in & out game that several PCB chairmen played with him throughout his career.

5)Was always more successful than both Hadlee & Marshall in critical situations.

If u really think that both Hadlee & Marshall were better than Wasim Akram,prove your point with arguments.

nightprowler10 said:
Pollock in his prime, yes.
You're insulting the greatest left armer ever by comparing him with people like Gillespie & Pollock.Akram was never as worst as Pollock has been since 2003 World Cup & Gillespie sice Ashes last year.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
BhupinderSingh said:
It'd really be a great day when people from subcontinent will get rid of Gora Ghulami.
Since you are one of the minority to be so narrow minded in your point of view you can paste your opinion on your forehead and walk around. I dont care what you think. For posting racist comments you should be banned from writing in a decent forum like this.

bagapath said:
Since you are one of the minority to be so narrow minded in your point of view you can paste your opinion on your forehead and walk around. I dont care what you think. For posting racist comments you should be banned from writing in a decent forum like this.
I've seen in the posts of scaly_Piscine & others that how decent this forum is.

bagapath

International Captain
so what if others do that? will you kill yourself if they die? you're mad or what? by the way, what gave you the idea that malcolm marshall was white and rating him above akram constitutes to subservience? you need to check your eyes man!!! and please, this is a very friendly advice, stop looking at skin color. you'll make more friends.