• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you don't want to see in your side's XI

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh I still think Patto + Hazelwood + Cummins is a better pace trio than Starc

Starc offers the left handed variety but I don't care. And Patto has bowled great in his comeback tests idc what people say.
Will care when it’s flat and there’s no rough for Lyon to bowl into

morgieb

His Sydney effort was a great attempt at bowling himself out of the team.
In fairness I think every quick was kind of meh in that match.

Still probably hard to argue him ahead of Starc but against stronger batting lineups the equation might be different.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I was not exactly enthralled with recent SA selection... can't even imagine what the team may look like in a few months with all the current problems and possible retirements when it eventually takes the field again.

Bijed

International Regular
I still think it's a 50/50 chance he'll revert to being not very good again. Or at least a 45 average batsman and not a 60 average batsman.
Tbh his 2019/20 season doesn't really tell us at all how his test career will end up because it is just one season. It shows that his ceiling/potential is more than I'd say the vast majority of us thought but that's it.

Flem274*

123/5
I still think it's a 50/50 chance he'll revert to being not very good again. Or at least a 45 average batsman and not a 60 average batsman.
you can count the long term 60 averagers on one hand. he's not old like voges so can't heist a h4x record, he's going to have to maintain it.

he's a gun but he'll have a 'normal' 40-50 average imo

trundler

Tbh his 2019/20 season doesn't really tell us at all how his test career will end up because it is just one season. It shows that his ceiling/potential is more than I'd say the vast majority of us thought but that's it.
More than anything he did at home, it was his 80 in the Ashes which signalled he was test class. NZ and Pakistan are probably the easiest oppositions for an Australian batsman at home but good on him for cashing in. He's probably not going to average 60 but so few do anyway so that's a moot point. Early days

Bijed

International Regular
More than anything he did at home, it was his 80 in the Ashes which signalled he was test class. NZ and Pakistan are probably the easiest oppositions for an Australian batsman at home but good on him for cashing in. He's probably not going to average 60 but so few do anyway so that's a moot point. Early days
Yeah his Ashes was really good, especially considering no-one else except Smith was even remotely consistent. My point was more that he might have had his gun time in the Ashes and then at home because he's an ATG in the making who'd then broken through at test level, or he might be an overall mediocre player who made the absolute most of his form over six months or so. More likely it's somewhere in between, of course. It's really just me observing that whenever someone is making big scores you wonder if they'll ever stop piling on the runs but they all do eventually and for some it's sooner rather than later.

I'm not trying to bring him down mind, as much as this might read like it

trundler

Yeah his Ashes was really good, especially considering no-one else except Smith was even remotely consistent. My point was more that he might have had his gun time in the Ashes and then at home because he's an ATG in the making who'd then broken through at test level, or he might be an overall mediocre player who made the absolute most of his form over six months or so. More likely it's somewhere in between, of course. It's really just me observing that whenever someone is making big scores you wonder if they'll ever stop piling on the runs but they all do eventually and for some it's sooner rather than later.

I get it. Guys who get the hype as the next big thing rarely kick on. Lots of guys have a run of good form early in their career but obviously there are very few ATGs by definition.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
you can count the long term 60 averagers on one hand. he's not old like voges so can't heist a h4x record, he's going to have to maintain it.

he's a gun but he'll have a 'normal' 40-50 average imo
I mean he could retire in three years time only to emerge six and a half years later in Sri Lankan domestic cricket tbh. That'd h4x the record.

Burgey

will happily settle for a number three averaging mid 40s or higher over a lengthy test career tbh

the big bambino

International Captain
Stoinis. Dud.
Maxie. Coulda shoulda woulda. Didn't.

Special mention to the Marsh's. Maybe still some value for odis but not tests though I think a fit S Marsh ... Ok he's no chance.
*Taps sign*

Now add Finch. I also think talk about reversing Warner's leadership ban is a bit optimistic ahead of a form change.