• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you don't want to see in your side's XI

aussie tragic

International Captain
I don't want to see Pattinson in the XI as I'd be waiting for him to get injured at some point in the Test, likely losing us the game.

As for Starc haters, he took a 10fer in his last Test and then became the leader wkt taker in WC's. If anyone is going to miss out it's Hazlewood who has only 3 wkts @ 66 on the A tour so far

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
our bowlers best suited to the conditions might be Bird, JRichardson and Pattinson

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If anyone is going to miss out it's Hazlewood who has only 3 wkts @ 66 on the A tour so far
Someone had to point this out. We're all working on the assumption that Hazlewood is back to his best but he's only really started bowling again recently after a long time off and hasn't shown any signs that he's back to international standard yet, let alone should be in our Test XI.

Daemon

Hafeez has refused to quit and wants to play for a few more years. What a selfish git. Hope he gets banned for chucking.

Malik has made himself available for T20s. I say kick him out.

Sarfraz is ok for another year or two but needs to go soon and replaced with someone else.

Love Wahab but he’s old now so we need to replace him.

Fakhar the hack can piss off. Also need a number 5.

Opener
Imam
Babar
Harris
No 5
Wicket Keeper
Imad
Shadab
Amir
Afridi
Hasnain
Fakhar stays imo. Had a poor tournament but he's been very good other than that. Don't forget the man has a CT final hundred and a double hundred in ODIs.

Daemon

Yeah no way Haze just strolls in over Starc, he was bowling puss before getting injured anyways iirc.

vcs

You guys are playing England, who routinely put on 100+ for their last 4-5 wickets. Starc may bowl a wayward spell or two but he'll blow away the lower order and win you games off his own back as well. First Test in SA last year comes to mind.

Daemon

He does sometimes completely piss away the new ball though which is what people's main gripe is.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Surely it's time Starc just accepted bowling 1st change. Cummins was clearly better with the new ball last summer at home.

TheJediBrah

Surely it's time Starc just accepted bowling 1st change. Cummins was clearly better with the new ball last summer at home.
Or just give Starc 2-3 overs first up and see if it's doing anything, then get him off if it's not. Clarke did this with Johnson a bit IIRC. Also I have a feeling Starc has already been handled that way in Tests recently but I can't remember when.

OverratedSanity

You guys are playing England, who routinely put on 100+ for their last 4-5 wickets. Starc may bowl a wayward spell or two but he'll blow away the lower order and win you games off his own back as well. First Test in SA last year comes to mind.
Hasn't been able to reproduce that post sandpaper gate tbh

OverratedSanity

That said, Hazelwood was as bad as starc was vs India, his approach to being ****e was just less obvious to the eye

Flem274*

123/5
is there actually footage of haze and pattinson having a bowl recently?

county numbers are deceptive. any **** can show up there and take wickets. see patel, j. ryder, j. henry, m. and franklin, j in this decade.

you'd hate to drop starc and pick the wrong guy because of county numbers trolling.

morgieb

is there actually footage of haze and pattinson having a bowl recently?

county numbers are deceptive. any **** can show up there and take wickets. see patel, j. ryder, j. henry, m. and franklin, j in this decade.

you'd hate to drop starc and pick the wrong guy because of county numbers trolling.
Well Patto's more dominating Shield cricket than county cricket. And what little I've seen of him he's been bowling hand grenades. Should be in the team, don't care how likely he is to break down.