• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you don't want to see in your side's XI

Flem274*

123/5
so the form is from last shield season then yea? my mistake i thought both were in county stuff.

is he with the a team? the bloke needs a bowl if he's going to play the ashes

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The final of the shield(which he took 7 wickets in) was only 3 months ago

But yes he's playing county too and doing well iirc

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Ashley Nurse. Is the cousin of the previous chairman of selectors, averages over 40 per wicket with an rpo over 5. Nuff said.

Flem274*

123/5
Starc in tests
Marnus Labuschagne.

Div 2 county runs are okay - but needs to bang the door down for Queensland for at least two seasons before he gets another berth. Not fit to tie Kurtis Patterson's shoelaces.
Starc in Tests
You should be begging for Starc to play with the red-ball in England. He'll barely move it and he'll make Mitchell Johnson look accurate. Only danger is cleaning up the tail.
these aged well
even as someone who thinks lies, damned lies and statistics when it comes to starcs good stats compared to what he sends down quite often, you don't forever discard someone who swings it at serious pace.

anyway all these young gun bowlers being on the cusp of 30 all of a sudden makes me feel old. will just have a google now and jfc he's got 50 tests on him. bloke should be hitting his prime.
geez the one time i stick up for starc. i wish the bolded was wrong.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah I think those Starc ones are a bit of an over statement. He is clearly good enough for tests though you could say you’d prefer others given Australia’s fast bowling choices. I’d always like him in the test XI though with his pace, line and ability to eradicate the tail while still being good enough to always threaten the top.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Starc'll always polarise, like Mitch Johnson. His best is basically better than anyone else, his worst is very very bad.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah there were a lot of similar sentiments about Mitchell Johnson immediately prior to the 2013-14 Ashes

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ODIs: Stoinis. Plays one decent dig every 3-4 years and keeps getting picked. Bowls poorly too

mr_mister

tbh I still think Patto + Hazelwood + Cummins is a better pace trio than Starc

Starc offers the left handed variety but I don't care. And Patto has bowled great in his comeback tests idc what people say.

mr_mister

you guys are way too concerned about the lack of wickets he produced. he was hardly given many spells to get em.

he still averaged like 27 in his 4 return tests, he didnt flop.

he just didn't come in and take 12fers so people suddenly think he's overrated. he's better with the redpill than Starc(who has had more than enough red ball efforts to play himself out of the team, look at his 2018 stats for example)