• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player eligibility

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Odd footnote, I was very nearly born in Germany, before Mum decided she'd rather have doctors speaking a language she was fluent in...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There were all sorts of emails\texts to Sky Sports. Ambrose has been a not-irregular guest on various shows, both highlights and magazine-style.

Dunno how many of the non-live-broadcast stuff you watch though, actually.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stuff like, y'know... stuff I mentioned in the previous paragraph. :p Highlights, magazine stuff.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, perhaps to a very small extent. I've yet to see all that much particularly serious discussion of the game on there though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watch anything live that I can, have to let the missus watch the TV sometimes though! Stick Cricket AM on a lot, a bit of highlights here and there, and love love love Cricket Writers on TV (much better than its footballing equivalent, IMO). Not seen much of Ambrose on anything, itbt

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really? Maybe there's less than I presumed there was then. I saw at least 2 separate shows (think both were highlights or similar evening send-us-your-emails things) and emails were read out along the lines of "ask Tim if he feels English, he doesn't sound it" (usually put a bit more politely than that) and kinda presumed it was a fairly constant subject.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watch anything live that I can, have to let the missus watch the TV sometimes though! Stick Cricket AM on a lot, a bit of highlights here and there, and love love love Cricket Writers on TV (much better than its footballing equivalent, IMO).
Applies to pretty much all cricketing discussion, commentating and debating in the UK.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Writers is gun, yeah, watch that whenever I remember (Sunday mornings aren't my most cognant times).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My problem wasn't so much remembering, but hearing it above the terror twins & their just-as-loud big sister, LOLz

Top_Cat

Have absolutely no issue with dual or multi-internationals. In my view, cricket is a profession and no other profession I know would impose such arbitrary rules as 'once you've reached the top level, you can't do that job for any other country'. I don't care that it's sport, frankly.

I say, let any player move to any country at any time in their life and qualify under the rules that country imposes on them if they want to play international cricket. I can't see a defensible reason why this shouldn't be allowed. Their ethnicity, birthplace, etc. shouldn't come into it, as far as I'm concerned.

morgieb

England player eligibility issues is nothing new. 4 of the players who played this summer should **** off back to their homeland.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The thing about Ambrose and what he sounds like.

Im an American citizen and proud of it. I took an oath and I dont do that lightly.

Id be proud to represent the USA in international sporting competition. However, my accent is more 'Full Monty' than 'Full Metal Jacket'.

That makes no difference. Im a US citizen and have full rights as one.