• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Placing our bets on "Test Cricket's Young Fab Four"

Which of these "Young Fabbies" will make it the biggest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Putting aside the severe damage this has all done for Smith's image, I wonder how big an impact missing 12 months of cricket in his prime will have when we compare these four at the end of their careers.
Not a lot by the looks

Gob

International Coach
So I did some digging for Joseph. As we all here in CW value so much how people perform away

in Australia 38.00
in Bangladesh 24.50
in India 53.09
in New Zealand 39.08
in South Africa 50.21
in Sri Lanka 71.55
in U.A.E. 57.40
in West Indies 53.50

Must say that's pretty impressive. Better than KW ?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
On the back of this article by Martin Crowe, I think it would be good if we marked our expectations to the market here, and placed our bets on the "Young Fabbie" who is going to make it the biggest of the four.

I know people feel others like Rahane, Pujara, Ballance, maybe even Phil Hughes and Darren Bravo should be on the list, but let's keep ourselves to these four for the moment.

And I truly hope Kohli's magnificent recent ****ery doesn't get him too many less votes :)
Ballance :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man above are there some horrible predictions/analyses in this thread. The post saying that none of them would be remembered as ATGs because "they are facing mediocre attacks" a potential standout, though.
You cant tease like that and leave, Sparky. Who was it?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I loved how the England social media trolled everyone yesterday by asking if Root was the best batsman in the world currently. I guess technically he is as none of Smith, Kohli or Williamson are playing this week. The answers were hilarious and it was like Michael Vaughan had been given control of Englands social media for a day.