• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phlegms half assed NZ Story

Flem274*

123/5
Final Over Thriller Ends in Draw

An outstanding test between NZ and the WI ended in a draw today. NZ won the toss and batted first on a minefield and collapsed in a heap but were saved by Peter Fulton (117*) and Jesse Ryder (54) who dragged the total to 284 a.o. In reply the WI made just over 300 with contributions from all and Mills grabbed 4 wickets. NZ then came into bat again and posted 300 odd for 1 wicket declared with Tim McIntosh (67), Peter Fulton (140*) and a form regaining 100 odd not out from Stephen Fleming ensuring that the WI would have a tough target of 280 odd to chase with two sessions available to them on the final day. Gayle benefitted from early dropped catches and made a run-a-ball century in in partnership with Chanderpaul (47) to practically win the game for the WI. Indeed with the victory target under 100 and with 9 wickets in hand with 2 hours left victory looked assurred for WI and NZ coach Kieran Hortons ****y declaration had splattered poo all over his face as he complimented what he'd like to do to his bowlers. Enter Vettori (4 wickets) and the out of form (at the bowling crease) Jacob Oram (2 wickets), who instigated a collapse of calamitious proportions, tearing six WI wickets out in the final session (with Bond claiming the vital wicket of the in form Ryan Hinds). with 3 overs to go in the match Carlton Baugh and Jermaine Lawson were left with a target of 20 to win. They failed to do this with Kyle Mills bowling a fantastic final over to ensure the draw. NZ won the series 1-0. Peter Fultons fantastic twin centuries in horrible batting conditions earned him Man of the Match.

Crappy report but I can't remember the stats etc. If they (NZ) dare terrify me like that in the ODIs I may have to consider coaching Australia.

Flem274*

123/5
Oh, some individual top ten rankings:

Test batting: Sinclair 2, Fleming 3, Fulton 6

ODI batting: Fleming 2, Oram 8

Got a few bowlers (read Mills and Vettori) in the 11-20 range for their Test/ODI rankings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh, some individual top ten rankings:

Test batting: Sinclair 2, Fleming 3, Fulton 6

ODI batting: Fleming 2, Oram 8

Got a few bowlers (read Mills and Vettori) in the 11-20 range for their Test/ODI rankings.
Sinclair: second best Test batsman in the world, while having the burden of wicket keeping as well. Only in the ICC section of the forum could I say that, but I love it anyway. :p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Your team seems to be performing very well now, congrats on the series victories against England and the West Indies! Not surprised to see Sinclair performing so well, hes brilliant on ICC and I also used to use him as my wicket keeper if Vincent or McCullum were not in form. I never had quite the same success with Fleming though, so its nice to see him scoring well in your game. Good luck for your next series. :)

Flem274*

123/5
Phlegms Laptop Story

Now that I've got a shiny new laptop, I've started on that and I'm back to losing :(

In the third ODI against India, hoping to end on a high with a win here. Fulton is gun in this game, Cairns is good too surprisingly but Sinclair has been awful. When Bangladesh come hopefuly he can kickstart again. Mills has been so-so too.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Now that I've got a shiny new laptop, I've started on that and I'm back to losing :(

In the third ODI against India, hoping to end on a high with a win here. Fulton is gun in this game, Cairns is good too surprisingly but Sinclair has been awful. When Bangladesh come hopefuly he can kickstart again. Mills has been so-so too.
Are you catching up to where you were in your story?

Flem274*

123/5
Drew Bangdsh Tests 1-1 (actualy played three but laptop ran outt battery do had to start again. Really gutted coz Gillespie took 7 on debut and Ryder got 160 on debut)

Lost ODIs 2-1

^Really missed Fleming due to injury there. Sinclair has been awful, really awful. A pair in the second test.

WC 7th

Good thing is I blame everything on John Bracewell. Now I'm the coach, it was all Braces before, I swear. :p

Some positives though, in the ODI Bat world rankings I have Fleming (2), Fulton (3), Ingram (6), Oram (8)

Got quite a few in the 11-20 bracket for the other rankings.

Pretty annoyed tbh how all other teams established players are awesome and Astle, Styris, McMillan, Franklin, Harris and co. are awful. Means you have to start the side from scratch.

Anyway, taking new computer made players away to SL: Ryan Shutte (RFM) and Brent Findlay (RM) for the ODIs. My Test first eleven will probably be:

Horne
Guptill
Fulton
Fleming
Ryder
Oram
McCullum/Sinclair
Cairns
Vettori
Mills
Bond

Though I'd like to have a second spinner (Patel) in there. Not sure for whom though.

Flem274*

123/5
Well Cairns wouldn't have much longer till he's gone would he?
Probably not, but as a bowling allrounder he's awesome atm.

Anyway, tour game was a draw. Highlights:

Ingram 177
Sinclair 116 n.o. (finally)
Oram 5/80

First test was a draw, we had them on the backfoot though.

highlights:

Fleming 111

Sangakkara 84
Combined NZ bowling effor (SL 211 all out)

Guptill 59
Fulton 139 not out
Fleming 60 not out (276/2 dec)

Jayawardene 113 not out (carried their second innings)

Draw. They finished on 5/220. Hortons first game in charge went respectably.

Flem274*

123/5
How'd you manage to get Pinga to be gun?
I picked him.

He was doing good in List A so I picked him for the CB series. He's kicked on in ODIs. 20 matches, 1 century and something like 7 fifties and 39. Hasn't played a test yet, he's in the squad for the ODIs but played him in the FC game just in case he was needed and to give him experience.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I picked him.

He was doing good in List A so I picked him for the CB series. He's kicked on in ODIs. 20 matches, 1 century and something like 7 fifties and 39. Hasn't played a test yet, he's in the squad for the ODIs but played him in the FC game just in case he was needed and to give him experience.
Who's keeping him out?

Athlai

Not Terrible
His own FC batting average of 23 pre-tour game century.

My test side is:

Horne
Guptill
Fulton
Fleming
Ryder
Oram
McCullum (hopefuly Sinclair shortly)
Cairns
Patel/Vettori/Gillespie
Mills
Bond
Man I wish I could get this on mac, and for free. :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Man I wish I could get this on mac, and for free. :ph34r:
Had the same issue on our old XP that was half dead.

Then it dies and me and my sis pooled some money for our own NT. Parents got a Vista but hey, it worked.

And now I gotta laptop too. I feel speciallllll:happy:

Flem274*

123/5
Second test was a draw. both sides scored 300 on a tricky pitch. Sinclair is back, Fulton and Fleming are gun.

Also noticed that Fleming and Fulton are number 1 and 2 in the ODI bat rankings with Pinga now 9th. Bond 7th for the bowlers.

Fulton number three in test batting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sinclair is back
Triumphant return? :p

Whatever you do, don't keep recalling him for two games, then dropping him, then recalling him for two games, then dropping him etc. History suggests that's a bad idea, so you better just leave him in the team forevermore... :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
tour of Bangladesh

1-0 tests to NZ

2-1 ODIs to NZ

England Tour of NZ

0-0 tests drawn

England won the 20/20 against my 5th XI (not risking players form in that rubbish)

ODI series about to start

Discoveries:

Iain Robertson (ODIs)
Peter Ingram (tests)

Martin Guptill is having a promising but inconsistent start. has 2 test centuries and one fifty though.

Pinga scored 50 on debut against England. Backed it up with a nice 0 in the second dig. In the second test he made 49 and 64.

James Franklin earned a test recall and has bowled well including career best 7-105.

Batting is finally looking solid now Ryder has got his act toghether. Still a bit inconsistent but getting there. The bowling needs serious attention. Vettori has been awesome though. Bond has been horrible and after a long injury layoff Cairns was underdone for the tests.

Matt Horne has been dropped, too inconsistent.

The full strength test team is:

Martin Guptill
Peter Fulton
Stephen Fleming
Peter Ingram
Jesse Ryder
Jacob Oram
Brendan McCullum
Chris Cairns (was dropped for second test in favour of Shaw, who still sucks)
James Franklin
Daniel Vettori
Shane Bond

Once Bondy and Cairns are back in form we're sorted. Sinclair still infuriating.

ODI team:

Guptill
Fulton
Ingram
Fleming
Ryder
Oram
McCullum
Cairns
Mills
Vettori
Bond

Gillespie dropped because of form. Ellis after owning England in the 20/20 gets a call up to the reserves. Findlay (RM) and Singh (RFM) still in the reserves along with Robertson (OS).

Looking for more consistency from Ingram. Ryder has stepped up after early inconsistencies. Mills is one hell of a bowler.