• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phlegms half assed NZ Story

Flem274*

123/5
tour of Bangladesh

1-0 tests to NZ

2-1 ODIs to NZ

England Tour of NZ

0-0 tests drawn

England won the 20/20 against my 5th XI (not risking players form in that rubbish)

ODI series about to start

Discoveries:

Iain Robertson (ODIs)
Peter Ingram (tests)

Martin Guptill is having a promising but inconsistent start. has 2 test centuries and one fifty though.

Pinga scored 50 on debut against England. Backed it up with a nice 0 in the second dig. In the second test he made 49 and 64.

James Franklin earned a test recall and has bowled well including career best 7-105.

Batting is finally looking solid now Ryder has got his act toghether. Still a bit inconsistent but getting there. The bowling needs serious attention. Vettori has been awesome though. Bond has been horrible and after a long injury layoff Cairns was underdone for the tests.

Matt Horne has been dropped, too inconsistent.

The full strength test team is:

Martin Guptill
Peter Fulton
Stephen Fleming
Peter Ingram
Jesse Ryder
Jacob Oram
Brendan McCullum
Chris Cairns (was dropped for second test in favour of Shaw, who still sucks)
James Franklin
Daniel Vettori
Shane Bond

Once Bondy and Cairns are back in form we're sorted. Sinclair still infuriating.

ODI team:

Guptill
Fulton
Ingram
Fleming
Ryder
Oram
McCullum
Cairns
Mills
Vettori
Bond

Gillespie dropped because of form. Ellis after owning England in the 20/20 gets a call up to the reserves. Findlay (RM) and Singh (RFM) still in the reserves along with Robertson (OS).

Looking for more consistency from Ingram. Ryder has stepped up after early inconsistencies. Mills is one hell of a bowler.
ODIs vs England 3-2 to NZ

Tour of WI-Tests 1-0 to NZ

ODIs 2-1 to NZ

09 season

0-0 draw test series in Pakistan

Pakistan won the ODIs 5-0 (I was exploding)

Currently have Bangladesh touring, first test.

bundled them out for **** all (Bond 5-fer), made 400, now they have thanks to a Rajin Saleh 200. Bastard.

Test side:

Peter Fulton (absolute hero)
Carl Cachopa (Guptill dropped)
Peter Ingram
Stephen Fleming (c)
Mathew Sinclair (Ryder dropped)
Jacob Oram
Brendan McCullum
James Franklin (now injured whilst batting)
Daniel Vettori
Shane Bond
Chris Martin

Will post full match report plus 2008 MVPs later (Fulton, Vettori, Franklin will make the list)

Guptill averaged 31 after 10 tests with 2 hundreds and 2 fifties. Annoyingly inconsistent and didn't score much this FC seaon. Same rationale for Ryder's dropping though Sinclair is doing his best to get Ryder a recall.

Pinga having a gun start. 2 centuries and three fifties from 5 tests iirc.

Flem274*

123/5
0-0 draw test Bangladesh (series highlights, Bond 5/42, Carl Cachopa 85 on debut)

NZ won ODIs 2-1 (Cachopa 97* on debut and 75*)

Australia in NZ: 1st Test Match: "Roths Test"

NZ won the first test against Aussie largely thanks to 19 year old CD opener Timothy Roth scoring 150 and 82* to guide NZ to a win over aus. Vetttori 6-52 the other star.

Other tests were draws with Pinga getting a fifty and a hundy in the same test. If I had a memory I'd tell you other milestones (or if I wasn't biased, I hate Michael Hussey!).

NZ won 1-0, without Peter Fulton too.

Here are some records (not including recent Australian series or second Bangladesh test for career records). Will get some current records shortly.

Batting (Matches, average, 100s, 50s,)

Fulton Career: 20m, 59.62, 4, 12

Last season: 8m, 77.17, 3, 4

Fleming Last Season: 8m, 62.17, 3, 2 (including a from slump too)

Oram Last Season: 8m, 58.11, 3, 1

Ingram career: 7m, 53.75, 2, 3

Bowling last season

Vettori: 4m, 26 wickets, 19.27, 2 fifers, 6/54

Franklin: 4m, 20, 27.25, 2, 7/105

As I said, the 2009 season stats will be done shortly. might do screen shots if I could remember how. Ingram will probably be the most valuable batsman (Roth only played three tests tbf). Fleming hasn't had a great season.

Likely test side for next season:

Timothy Roth
Peter Fulton
Stephen Fleming (c)
Peter Ingram
Timothy Lythe
Jacob Oram
Brendan McCullum
Daniel Vettori
James Franklin
Shane Bond
Mark Gillespie

Lythe also impresses (two fifties in the third test), Franklin got smashed by Aussie, Gillespie bowled well on the flat pitches. I really need better bowling though. Apart from the annihalation in the first innings they have struggled against the Aussie batting (and the Bangladeshi batting).

I'm starting to get bored of ODIs too.

Flem274*

123/5
So...

Tour of England

1-0 tests to NZ

2-1 ODIs to England

Tour of India

0-0 tests

3-0 ODIs to India

WI in NZ

2-0 Tests to NZ

3-2 ODIs to NZ

Zimbabwe in NZ

2-0 tests to NZ

2-1 ODIs to Zimbabwe

Retirements:

Stephen Fleming

Average: 40.97

Hundreds: 13

Fifties: 49

and...

Daniel Vettori:-O came as a complete shock, only like 31. Took 320 odd wickets and 19 5fers

So yeah, a bit annoyed at that because in our 2010 tour of Zimbabwe Patel has been ****. Jimmeh has been awesome though, really stepped up this tour. Won the tests 2-0.

also last year Ryder averaged 18 with the ball, including 6-36 vs India and saving nZs arse in the first test against the WI. WI had 6 wickets in hand with 40 runs left to get (and a 41 year old geriatric Lara at the crease). Ryder took 4-10 in combination with Vettori and we won by 23 runs. Awesome.

Bond at 35 is still around, only fires once or twice a season now for the past few years sadly.

Current test side:

Roth
Fulton
Ingram
Ryder
Williamson
Oram
McCullum (c) (wk)
Franklin
Bond
Gillespie
Patel

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats a shame that Vettori retired so early for you, incidentally hes retired noticably early in a lot of my New Zealand games on ICC too - coincidence?

Flem274*

123/5
Man its been a while since i last updated this, and since i last played the game.

atm its the start of the 2014 season and its shaping up to be NZs biggest ever (possibly). We have a tour of England, then Bangladesh, then Australia and the tri series before returning home to face Aussie in our own backyard before we face Sri Lanka in the end.

The team of the 2013 season (last year) was:

Timothy Roth
Peter Fulton*
Timothy Lythe
Jonathan Morris
Jesse Ryder
Jacob Oram
Michael Arkwright
James Franklin
Wade Garrett
Mark Gillespie
Gareth Shaw

The batsmen

Timothy Roth, famous for his heroic as an 19 year old on debut against Australia, leading NZ to victory with a century and an unbeaten 80 odd, has had poor form in the last two seasons. Fulton, now the captain, continues to dominate anyone and anything, with a titanic record involving an average of 57.63 with 16 centuries and 30 fifties over 62 tests, making him arguably NZs best ever. NZ in the wake of Flemings retirement and Ingrams lack of form in the number three position, has finally found a replacement in Tim Lythe. Averaging 47 with 4 centuries (including a 201*) and 9 fifties after 19 tests, the 34 year old has cemented his place.

A lot has been spoken about Jonathan Morris, the 25 year old from Canterbury. In his 15 tests he has managed 2 centuries and five fifties at 40.23. Many hold high hopes for him.

Jesse Ryder has had a stylish breakthrough season a couple of seasons ago. Overall his record states 4 centuries and 16 fifties at 47 from his 43 tests.

Jacob Orams career was looking perilously close to lost last year. until the final series against SA he had averaged 16 with the bat and 40 with the ball. Then he met the South Africans. The South African bowlers had NZ on the ropes several times but each time Oram strode to the crease he destroyed them. Scoring three fifites and a new high score of 256 (entering the fray when NZ were 5 down and still in the mid 100s), he pushed the seasons average up to 46. Overall he has 12 hundreds and 20 fifties at 43 from his 75 tests.

Michael Arkwright, the young wicketkeeper, was brought in after McCullum dropped one catch and scored one annoying 20 too many. He did OK but is currently injured so McCullum gets a recall.

Other batsmen include Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor (who is the absence of Ryder through injury was called in and actualy did something for a change, scoring a hundred and three fifties to average 36 for the season) and Peter Ingram. All (bar Taylor) with good records but havent been good enough to get a game ahead of an exceptional batting order. They would have got in ahead of Taylor after Ryders injury except their form was mediocre.

The bowlers

After a fustrating start, NZ finally have a bowler that can help out James Franklin in Wade Garrett. For so long Franklin was the be all end all of the nZ bowling attack. There was panick in the ranks when midway through the season, he got injured. His career record speaks for itself: 66 tests, 286 wickets at 28.66 with 18 5fers. However, in stepped Wade Garrett, there was skeptism in the media, after all, this was the man whom in his previous attempt managed to go at 8 an over in tests, so there was genuine fear than Pakistan would romp to victory. They didn't.

in 6 test matches, Garret took 37 wickets at 24.62 with BB of 7/70 vs Pakistan. He bowled with fire and danger, and finally found some accuracy, and he was rewarded.

Gareth Shaw had an average season, with 37 wickets at 32 from 11 tests, including BB of 5/99. Gillespie had a shocker, taking 17 wickets at 45 from 6 tests, which was a dissapointment considering his promising previous season.

Shaun Houghton, the 22 year old fast bowler, can be considered unlucky. He came in for the injured Gillespie in Sri Lanka and bowled well, including BB of 4/89. Overall though his record is poor after his first 9 tests, with 28 wickets at 44, however vs SA his 4/79 could have easily been 8/79, as all series if a catch was dropped, it wasn early always off his bowling. He will be persisted with in the 2014 season, as he showed promise early.

Trent Andrews, NZs next spinning hope, sucked. NZ still has a big hole left by Vettori, and it needs filling.

The 2014ers will most likely be:

Peter Fulton*
Timothy Roth
Timothy Lythe
Jonathan Morris
Jesse Ryder
Jacob Oram
Brendan McCullum
James Franklin
Wade Garrett
Shaun Houghton
Gareth Shaw

They have a big season ahead. Last time in England they won 1-0, and last time in Australia they had a 1-1 draw. At home they beat Australia 1-0. The teams goal is to defeat the record of the 2009 team, lead by Stephen Fleming, who defeated England and Australia away from home, drew with India in India, and smashed the WI.

Hope we manage it.

Flem274*

123/5
Tour match: NZ vs Derbyshire

Pretty emphatic victory. gave the n00bs a go, as well as giving Roth and Cachopa a chance to fight it out for the openers position. Also gave the seamers a chance to prove themselves.

NZ batted first and made 416/3 dec. Roth scoring 184 and Cachopa 118. Taylor got a start at number three (28) and Ian Dearman on NZ debut made 54* with Williamson 24*

In reply Derbyshire made 338 all out. A Withe starred with 138 and Chris Taylor with 75. Shaw took 3/72, Gillespie 2/55, Houghton 2/70, Franklin 2/78 and Tuffey 0/53.

NZ then made 148/dec with Roth getting 55.

Then Derbyshire were annihalated. They managed 74 all out after Franklin took 5/37 and was backed up by his new ball partner Houghton who took 3/26. Shaw managed 2/9.

Next up Durham, and a chance to make the future Scaly cry. Looking for 600+ and two sub 100 arse kickings of Durham personally.

Flem274*

123/5
Durham match was a tie, only thing of interest being a double century and a fifty to Cachopa and a 5-fer to Houghton. Harmison also got smashed.

At lunch in the first moring of the test things are looking interesting. At one stage NZ were 3/31 with Capchopa, Fulton and Morris back in the sheds. NZ reached 105/3 at lunch thanks to Lythe (40*) and Ryder (39*) steadying the ship, though Ryder tried his best to make it 4 down with 2 minutes until lunch, first slip dropping a sitter.

The English bowling is formidable, with Anderson, Plunkett (wtf?), Panesar and Rashid all having bloody good records.

219/4 at tea. I lol at Englands catching. They dropped Jesse Ryder all the way until he was bowled by Rashid for 81. Lythe tonned up and is still not out.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
NZ 1st Innings 410 all out

T Lythe 176
J Ryder 81

L Plunkett 3/81
J Anderson 3/105

England 283 all out

I Bell 110
C Thompson 43

G Shaw 3/52
W Garrett 3/73

NZ 338/6 dec.

T Lythe 124
P Fulton 87

A Rashid 4/127
L Plunkett 1/59

England 256 all out

K Pietersen 57
C Thompson 57

W Garrett 5/46
J Franklin 2/42

NZ win by 209 runs

MoM T Lythe

Good start

Flem274*

123/5
Haha highly unrealistic with that lot I know. The game loves India, Australia and England. South Africa always have a steady stream of good fast bowlers but their batsmen aren't crash hot so they're down in seventh.

NZ are fourth, and I wanna move them up a bit, as I'm playing two of the teams ahead of me this season.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Haha highly unrealistic with that lot I know. The game loves India, Australia and England. South Africa always have a steady stream of good fast bowlers but their batsmen aren't crash hot so they're down in seventh.

NZ are fourth, and I wanna move them up a bit, as I'm playing two of the teams ahead of me this season.
England always get the best bowlers in the game in my experience. Most of their regen batsmen average 37+ and their bowlers average less than 22 after 10 seasons. Srilanka and Bangladesh get the best spinners, Australia get good batsmen, India and Pakistan get good batsmen and bowlers but rarely any all-rounders, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa get random players in all departments who are between average and good in skills. Thats what I have experienced in this game.

Flem274*

123/5
Second test was a draw

England 409 all out

A Cook 152
V Chopra 89

W Garrett 5/143
J Franklin 3/104

New Zealand 465/8 dec

P Fulton 108
J Oram 99
T Lythe 57

J Anderson 3/117
M Panesar 3/121

England 354 all out

A Cook 68
G Driver 66
I Bell 51

W Garrett 6/114
J Franklin 3/86

New Zealand 216/3

P Fulton 86*
Jonathan Morris 62

J Anderson 2/66
W Roach 1/59

So, yep, ran outta time. Had 299 to chase but needed one more session really. MoM was Alistair Cook, which is bull****, because this pitch was a flat bitch so i would have given it to Wade Garrett, who was the best player on the park by a mile with 11/257, which looks iffy tis true but he was the only real threat.

Stand out players of the series were:

England

A Cook: 309 runs at 77.25 with one century and two fifties
I Bell: 208 runs at 52.00 with 1 century and 1 fifty

New Zealand

Timothy Lythe: 385 runs at 96.25 with 2 centuries (2 in a match at Lords) and 1 fifty
P Fulton: 294 runs at 98.00 with 1 century and 2 fifties
Wade Garrett: 19 wickets at 19.79 with three 5-fers and one 10-fer

Flem274*

123/5
England always get the best bowlers in the game in my experience. Most of their regen batsmen average 37+ and their bowlers average less than 22 after 10 seasons. Srilanka and Bangladesh get the best spinners, Australia get good batsmen, India and Pakistan get good batsmen and bowlers but rarely any all-rounders, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa get random players in all departments who are between average and good in skills. Thats what I have experienced in this game.
I'm playing 06 so it might be a bit different.

India have the funniest player: a bowler batting at four and doing quite well, Jitendra Malik, 22 tests, 1 century and 10 fifties at 37.17.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'm playing 06 so it might be a bit different.

India have the funniest player: a bowler batting at four and doing quite well, Jitendra Malik, 22 tests, 1 century and 10 fifties at 37.17.
I meant ICC 2006 too.:)

Shame that I can't get past the 2011 season in the game. Crashes every ****ing time.:(

I have to download save files off the net that are beyond the year 2011 to play the game.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh 2014

Oh dear. Thats all I have to say. Oh and it was the debut of 29 year old Ian Dearman.

1st test

Bangladesh 187 all out

S Nafees 43
W Rehman 28

W Garrett 5/36
J Franklin 2/52

New Zealand 419/6 dec.

T Roth 192
J Ryder 103

A Sunny 3/106
R Haque 2/132

Bangladesh 532 all out

S Nafees 113
W Rehman 114
H Raqueeb 56

J Franklin 6/107
G Shaw 2/74

New Zealand 177 all out, AKA epic fail

P Fulton 26
J Ryder 26

E Haque 5/58
R Haque 2/31

Bangladesh win by 123 runs

2nd Test

Bangladesh 427 all out

S Nafees 123
N Islam 143

W Garrett 4/145
G Shaw 3/62

New Zealand 317 all out

B McCullum 84
I Dearman 72

A Sunny 6/103
A Kabir 2/39

Bangladesh 369/5 dec.

S Nafees 95
N Islam 87*
T Elahi 87

S Houghton 2/72
W Garrett 1/89

New Zealand 211 all out

T Roth 47
J Oram 37

A Kabir 3/23
A Sunny 3/60

Bangladesh win by 268 runs

Not a good series. Jimmeh retired hurt in whilst batting in the second test.

Then it was onto Australia, we were without James Franklin for the first test and probably the second test. The Aussies were ****y after our loss to Bangladesh. Craig Ross and John Dixon were called up to the squad, along with the highly unreliable young legspinner Trent Andrews.

First Test

Australia 371 all out

J Tully 158
S Watson 57

T Andrews 4/69
W Garrett 4/95

New Zealand 504 all out

B McCullum 90
I Dearman 80
T Roth 72
J Ryder 71
J Oram 65
P Fulton 57

A Carey 6/155
S Tait 3/152

Australia 253 all out

R Lumet 107
P Jaques 47

W Garrett 6/70
G Shaw 2/60

New Zealand 121/2

P Fulton 56*
T Lythe 47

S Tait 1/30

NZ win by 8 wickets. Very happy. Andrews even bowled in a straight line for once.