• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cpr

International Coach
TBH, I don't mind donating $10 or whatever as originally suggested, if there's excess (even after posting the flag about to other matches) then I'm sure there will be a charity close to the families heart we can give the remainder to - There will probably be a collection going to a permanent memorial for him sometime soon that it can help fund.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH, I don't mind donating $10 or whatever as originally suggested, if there's excess (even after posting the flag about to other matches) then I'm sure there will be a charity close to the families heart we can give the remainder to - There will probably be a collection going to a permanent memorial for him sometime soon that it can help fund.
Yep, we said before we'd make a min donation of $6 to ensure this is covered, but if people do want to round it up to $10 or even more then I'm happy to research a suitable head injury charity the left over can go to.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yep, we said before we'd make a min donation of $6 to ensure this is covered, but if people do want to round it up to $10 or even more then I'm happy to research a suitable head injury charity the left over can go to.
Yeah this is the best way to deal with it. Set a minimum donation to cover costs and if people send more, send it on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So I've looked up the FX and it appears $2=£1 more or less at the minute which makes things simple. But obviously with British/American donations you are going to get fluctuating amounts - unless paypal let's you specify a credit amount in an overseas currency rather than a debit amount? Have never tried tbf.

All that being said I have issues with my paypal so I may need a Brit to allow me to transfer them my share and they pass on both our donations via paypal, anyone willing to do this?

EDIT - also, does PayPal take much in the way of charges when transferring?

Last edited:

wiff

First Class Debutant
Guys here is the revised flag…I will work on for Sean Abbott

There was a bit of space to include "forever in our hearts" but this can be dropped to make it simpler.
PH4.jpg

wiff

First Class Debutant
thx adders
here is the abbott banner, any comments are welcome….I am not precious about this. cheers
SAposter.jpg

cnerd123

likes this
Not sure what we should say for the Abbot banner tbh.

Something to convey that it isn't his fault, that we support him 100%, that the community is looking out for him, that we want him to stay strong...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Just my opinion, but I think that everyone that Abbott speaks to will be telling him it's not his fault, I'm sure he's heard it enough.......no problem with adding that we support him 100% though.

But before we ask Wiff to make any changes to the wording let's see what everyone else has to say........don't want him to have to keep making changes.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Not sure what we should say for the Abbot banner tbh.

Something to convey that it isn't his fault, that we support him 100%, that the community is looking out for him, that we want him to stay strong...
Its a delicate thing, we cant't put too much on the banner or it gets lost or is too small. Maybe making it simple is the best. Here is another version with a contrasting background colour
SAposter2.jpg