• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I bet you support buying Chinese bananas over good ole Macksville bananas too.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Having never got a flag made I had no idea of costs, I was surprised how cheap it was tbh......was expecting more.

I am a bit of a buy Australian where you can but I've got absolutely no objection at all if anyone wants to look around and see if they can get a better deal elsewhere. I've spoken to 3 local Co's today and only this one can do something in a hurry for us.

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's great James. reckon we have the funds covered more than enough. I was hopeing (if feasible) that you'd pay the flag maker and the members could send their donations through to you via paypal or something? Does that sound doable?
Definitely doable and not an issue at all.

I think we need to get confirmation on who's actually going though and how we'll make it work before we start sending money around.

Riggins

International Captain
Having never got a flag made I had no idea of costs, I was surprised how cheap it was tbh......was expecting more.

I am a bit of a buy Australian where you can but I've got absolutely no objection at all if anyone wants to look around and see if they can get a better deal elsewhere. I've spoken to 3 local Co's today and only this one can do something in a hurry for us.
Do what ya gotta do. Those overseas sweat shop places frequently pump something out super fast though. Wouldn't be surprised if you could get it to Brisbane before the start. I think the one I looked at briefly on the bus just before was $3 per square metre.

James

Cricket Web Owner
2. We'd probably have to be careful with the image of Hughes we use if the CW logo/url is going on it. Yay for copyright concerns and TV cameras.
An excellent point, and something we'd need to be aware of.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely doable and not an issue at all.

I think we need to get confirmation on who's actually going though and how we'll make it work before we start sending money around.
Yeah for sure. After we get the banner art work agreed on and sorted, i'll post a list of all posters that have said they'd like to contribute, once we have a final number we'll know how much we are all chucking in. Hows the best way to send the donations through to you James......Paypal?

Also, once we get all this sorted and are ready to order I'll send through the email trail I've been having with the company and can you contact them to organise payment? What would be the best email address to send this to?

- Still need someone going to the Adelaide test to stick their hands up to help out.

- Still need some ideas/feedback/suggestions on the image for the banner.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah for sure. After we get the banner art work agreed on and sorted, i'll post a list of all posters that have said they'd like to contribute, once we have a final number we'll know how much we are all chucking in. Hows the best way to send the donations through to you James......Paypal?

Also, once we get all this sorted and are ready to order I'll send through the email trail I've been having with the company and can you contact them to organise payment? What would be the best email address to send this to?

- Still need someone going to the Adelaide test to stick their hands up to help out.

- Still need some ideas/feedback/suggestions on the image for the banner.
My PayPal address is cricketweb@gmail.com. Sure, I can contact whoever the company ends up being to organise payment.

It sounds like Riggins has some options on getting it made faster and ready for Brisbane where there's probably the chance of more members attending.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Riggins, did you want to follow up on the one you saw on the bus and see if this can be done in time for Brisbane?

I'm thinking if that is a no go and we don't find anyone going to Adelaide we may have to think about doing it for Melbourne and Sydney.......I guess the plus side to that is along with what Burgey posted, at least we'll know what's going on with Phil by then.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
You'll need a high res pic of Hughes and a vector version of the CW logo otherwise this thing is going to look like a mess.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone think of a better slogan? Can't off the top of my head but the creative minds on here we might come up with something good.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You'll need a high res pic of Hughes and a vector version of the CW logo otherwise this thing is going to look like a mess.
How would we go about getting a high res image of Hughes? Best I can see on Google is 1024 x 768............any idea if that is good enough?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that I know anything about how copyright law works but reckon if you just find something by a photographer and just send them an email asking if it's ok then it should be above board
They get very annoyed if people use them without asking. I know a football photographer and it his main gripe. Presume it the same in Australia and given the circumstances if you contact them it shouldn't be a problem.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
How would we go about getting a high res image of Hughes? Best I can see on Google is 1024 x 768............any idea if that is good enough?
Definitely not. That image is almost certainly 72dpi too.

Best thing is to speak to the printer about resolution requirements (DPI/LPI) for the size you want the banner and and also about bleed.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm happy to chip in. And located out in Hong Kong so can help if you are serious about getting it done in a Chinese sweatshop for cheap.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for your input dogwalker.......as you can probably tell I'm not that savvy with this stuff so you've probably saved us paying $100 for something that would look ****house.

Given the concerns over copyright in using Google images and now this issue dogwalker has raised re the quality of the image, should we ditch the picture of Phil and keep it to the CW logo, some text and maybe an Aussie flag/boxing kangaroo or something in the corner?

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Another option would be to take an image of Hughes from google, convert it to vector, remove any background and create a stylised version of him. This should avoid any copyright issues and because it's vector it will print well no matter the size of the banner.