• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is Dan's missus able to sign up and offer some suggestions that we can all work with seeing as she obviously has some design talent?

spikey's is a good start, but lacks the cutting edge imo. If we think that's the best rout to take however I would change cricket web to cricketweb.net and add the CW logo in there somewhere along with a bigger picture of Hughes.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Based on the latest reports of there being no change in his condition despite yesterday's surgery, it might be an idea to hold off committing to the wording of any banner.

Such a horrible thing to contemplate, but if there's no sign of improvement by this time tomorrow, it may well be a very grim outcome.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Comic Sans will result in the violent death of whoever suggests it. Spikey, run for your life.

2. We'd probably have to be careful with the image of Hughes we use if the CW logo/url is going on it. Yay for copyright concerns and TV cameras.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and 3. Could we post it from Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney and keep it going across the series, perhaps? I'll gladly buy a ticket to the Sydney Test to help display it.

Spark

Global Moderator
1. Comic Sans will result in the violent death of whoever suggests it. Spikey, run for your life.

2. We'd probably have to be careful with the image of Hughes we use if the CW logo/url is going on it. Yay for copyright concerns and TV cameras.
Not that I know anything about how copyright law works but reckon if you just find something by a photographer and just send them an email asking if it's ok then it should be above board

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guy's my little darling (11 yo daughter) has been playing with this for the last hour and has come up with these efforts. All subject to comments/changes including wording images but it's a start to work on.........

PH1.jpgPH2.jpgPH3.jpg

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Great idea Adders :thumbsup:

CW would be happy to make up the difference to ensure we have it happen.

I'm wondering though, do we have enough regular Adelaide members to get this over the line?
That's great James. reckon we have the funds covered more than enough. I was hopeing (if feasible) that you'd pay the flag maker and the members could send their donations through to you via paypal or something? Does that sound doable?

think this needs answering
Yep for sure...........we need some Adelaide members that are going to the test match to put their hands up. Surely there must be a few?

Hey, I said I'd ask her, not that she was confirmed as doing it!
Oooops, sorry mate. That's my bad.......jumped the gun on this one:shy: When can you let us know?

Oh and 3. Could we post it from Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney and keep it going across the series, perhaps? I'll gladly buy a ticket to the Sydney Test to help display it.
That is a ****ing great idea and I reckon we could make that happen.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Based on the latest reports of there being no change in his condition despite yesterday's surgery, it might be an idea to hold off committing to the wording of any banner.

Such a horrible thing to contemplate, but if there's no sign of improvement by this time tomorrow, it may well be a very grim outcome.
That's a fair comment, but given the lead time the flag maker needs to get this produced we really need to get the design and payment to them tomorrow. They just called me and said if we can get this done tomorrow they'll be looking at posting on the 8th or 9th Dec which will only just allow time for delivery in Adelaide for the start of the test.

Riggins

International Captain
$102 seems super expensive. i'm sure you could get it made tomorrow in china and shipped for less than about 25 bucks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Presume that there is implied consent from Furball for me to change my avatar despite time limit not yet running out on naked Jimmy.

Edit: wrong thread but still stand by this

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's expensive because you're only printing one. I remember getting 20 2 ft x 6ft ones done for about $30 each back in school.