• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PCB Hands Out Bans - Discussion and Aftermath

AaronK

State Regular
I think yousuf deserve that ban... during the NZ and Aus tour, he made many unnecessary statements... criticizing salman Butt and his teamates during a tour... but Younis khan.. I wonder what he did to deserve that ban...

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'd seen that the Akmals, Afridi, Malik and Rana were possibly in trouble, and I guess if they feel Younis was malingering in making himself unavailable when he was required I can see there's some kind of reasoning (very kinda), but what did MoYo do? Does Pakistani cricket have anymore cred than Zimbabwe's atm?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Another one for the "funny if it wasnt so sad" basket that is Pakistani cricket

We lost, so let's ban everyone :wacko:

Its not for loosing its for all the disciplianary issues and drama that have been going for the last 2-3 years and reached its zenith in Aus.I am supporting PCB in this if they have balls to go ahead with this

Matt79

Global Moderator
I think yousuf deserve that ban... during the NZ and Aus tour, he made many unnecessary statements... criticizing salman Butt and his teamates during a tour... but Younis khan.. I wonder what he did to deserve that ban...
Criticising the board = life ban? That's pathetic if true.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No one deserves a Ban for speaking out, may be he should have been dropped but a Ban ? Just ridiculous and If you going to announce the ban to the media atleast put out the reasons why they are handed the bans.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Both Y's deserve this YK acted like a spoiled school girl regarding the captaincy thing and then went missing on the country's most important test tours for the past 3 years.

Mo Yo has been pretty irresponsible in the media during his entire tenure.

This enquiry commitee included credible outsiders like Majid Khan,Zaheer Abbas and Wasim Akram aswell.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Well no one knows what is going on behind the scenes. I wouldn't put it beyond Yousuf or Younis to have had a hand in the faction-ism in the team.

AaronK

State Regular
not the board..but his fellow teamates..his public verbal war with malik..

It will be interesting to see if these bans carry out or not...

I am seeing all these players appealing and playing cricket in like 3 months...

I am honestly happy to see afridi not get bann.. the only pakistani cricketer that i support and i have been fan for years now..

Matt79

Global Moderator
Actually, reading further on Cricinfo, Y and Y have been dropped and won't be considered for selection again, rather than banned, and their feuding and infighting has been identified as the reason. That's a more reasonable situation. Essentially saying "because of what we feel to be their inability to behave in a professional manner, we don't feel they're part of our best XI", which is fair enough, a la Andrew Symonds. But their massive inconsistency with other players like Shoaib and Afridi undermines that a bit.

Xuhaib

International Coach
you missed the war Moyo and malik had openly in the media after the Aus tour.Mo Yo came out like a sore looser it seemed the entire loss was being blamed on Malik's role in the dressing room.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Both Y's deserve this YK acted like a spoiled school girl regarding the captaincy thing and then went missing on the country's most important test tours for the past 3 years.

Mo Yo has been pretty irresponsible in the media during his entire tenure.

This enquiry commitee included credible outsiders like Majid Khan,Zaheer Abbas and Wasim Akram aswell.
Dude short of match fixing, none of that would warrant a life ban. Team infighting and even speaking up against other teammates or the board do not warrant that long of a ban.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Dude short of match fixing, none of that would warrant a life ban. Team infighting and even speaking up against other teammates or the board do not warrant that long of a ban.
yeah its extreme and I am sure it will be reversed but both cannot go scoth free their attitude have been pathetic for the past 2 seasons.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm with Xuhaib on this. Behind the scenes disruption is far graver an offence, imo, than consuming a cricket ball. MoYo and Younis might be Pakistan's best batsmen, but if they keep putting themselves ahead of their team, I'm afraid a stand needs to be taken. At least Afridi is a trier and does little afainst the team interests except perhaps playing to the gallery too often when eh walks out to bat.

Matt79

Global Moderator
@ Xuhaib : Guess I missed a good part of it, yeah. Interest level was pretty low tbh. I saw there was some flap, but obviously didn't appreciate how serious.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
If PCB can handle this situation well then I will have Ijaz Butt's babies provided he can get it up at 72:ph34r:

The old guard is gone the 25+ which should have been carrying our cricket has either turned out to be ****s(Shoaib,Asif,Younis) useless (Fasisal,Farhat,Hameed etc..) or both (Malik,Kamran).

Pakistan have a pretty decent crop of U-21' coming up if they are not managed properly at this stage I am afraid then things will never pick up again.

Last edited: