• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Passengers XI Voting Thread

Pick the 3 *worst* teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
From the Passengers' XI draft: pick the 3 worst teams among the following:

jimmy101:
Terry Duffin
Xavier Marshall
Aftab Habib
Owas Shah
Matthew Wade +
Maharajkumar of Vizianagram *
Trevor Hohns
Ottis Gibson
Scott Muller
Gavin Robertson
Harvinder Singh

HoweZat:
1. Craig Cumming
2. Stuart Matsikenyeri
3. Trevor Chappell
4. Jehan Mubarak (c)
5. Ashok Mankad
6. Tim Zoehrer +
7. Eldine Baptiste
8. David Capel
9. Ish Sodhi
10. Ishant Sharma
11. Xavier Doherty

The Real CricZo XI (kingkallis)
1. Blair Hartland
2. Rob Quiney
3. Shane Watson
4. Greg Blewett
5. JP Duminy
6. Phil Simmons
7. Kamran Akmal+
8. Ian Salisbury
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Neal Radford
11. Chris Pringle

fredfertang:
1. Geoff Greenidge
2. Alvin Greenidge
3. James Vince
4. Craig Serjeant
5. Adam Hollioake
6. Gavin Hamilton
7. Brendon Julian
8. Chris Schofield
9. Uton Dowe
10. George Duckworth+
11. Paul Allott

AndrewB:
Geoff Cook
Adam Lyth
Keith Arthurton
Bill Playle
Lord Hawke*
Parthiv Patel+
Ajit Agarkar
Tony Pigott
Bryce McGain
John Warr
Patterson Thompson

The Talent Depleted (The Battlers Prince)
1. Joey Carew
2. Adam Bacher
3. Graeme Hick(c)
4. Boeta Dippenaar
5. Mitch Marsh
6. Dinesh Karthik+
7. Willie Rodriguez
8. Robin Peterson
9. Ray Bright
10. Brett Lee
11. Ashish Nehra

mr_mister:
Rameez Raja
Ken Rutherford
Gus Logie
Jonty Rhodes
Len Darling
Ben Hollioake
Graham Manou+
Ashley Giles
Alex Tudor
Andy Whittall
Matthew Nicholson

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this might be the only one of these draft threads I've genuinely enjoyed. Jimmy101, Howe, AndrewB. Kingkallis' was tempting with a chance to pick an XI that contained both Chris Pringle and Blair Hartland but the middle order does have a little substance and contains some hidden bowling depth.

The Battlers Prince

It's not a coincidence that when it comes to knowing rubbish cricketers the English do it well. I'm voting for Fred and Howe. Not sure with the last one but I'll go with Jimmy

kingkallis

International Coach
I think this might be the only one of these draft threads I've genuinely enjoyed. Jimmy101, Howe, AndrewB. Kingkallis' was tempting with a chance to pick an XI that contained both Chris Pringle and Blair Hartland but the middle order does have a little substance and contains some hidden bowling depth.
I have picked JP and Blewett cause they were real 'passengers' in strong teams. Blewett played with Taylor, Boon, Waughs, Punter whilst JP had Smith, Amla, Kallis, ABdV...

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I think my team is the weakest (how could it not be with Schoey and Hamilton?) I'm not sure that I properly embraced the spirit of the draft whereas others, most notably KK, did - also voted for TBP and Howe - honourable mention to for MM who also entered into the spirit, but I can't view Gus Logie as a passenger - I still have painful memories of him - every time I thought a team might be getting through the WIndies cheaply, their hopes would founder on bloody Logie

AndrewB

Congratulations to HoweZat for narrowly beating (or losing to?) jimmy101 and fredfertang. Hope everyone enjoyed the draft.