• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs. India Polls

What will be the result of the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sehwag309

Banned
Unattainableguy said:
And how attainable is India winning 3-0 since there are a couple of people voting on that?
..I think ur reply triggered that

India gets so complacent sometimes, that even if u offer them a 3rd Test win on a platter, they will find a way to ruin it

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
cricket player said:
I agree with gangster in this occasion,pak seems to be in a good form with there bowling but it doesnt mean that they would beat india 3-0.To be fair pak will win 2 test's and india 1 but then it can be india's month :D
I understand that Pakistan has a great one day side and yes, india's is pretty screwed up at the moment but as a test team, it's the exact opposite and in my opinion, India is a mile ahead because of the classy batting line-up.

Test: India wins 2-1
One-day: Pak wins either 3-2 or 4-1
*India have a shot at winning the ODI series if MS Dhoni replaces Laxman and Ganguly somehow gets injured :clapping: .

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Exactly, replace some playesr...atleast give them a chance...odds are of loosing ODIs anyway

Also, the fact that Pak has got tough playing in Aus, there are 2 schools of thought here..do they bring confidence by loosing test and odi's or the toughness is just like facing quality bowlers and batsmen?

It might seem easy, but its spin they have to tackle in India now..and last time it was only Kumble (who bowled superbly in non-spinning tracks of Pak) + Bhajji on spinner freindly tracks (especially if they play in Chennai)

All in all, no prediction is easy here...1st we all thought Butt will be the hero, then slowly it shifted towards youhana then again towards Rana in the end

Lets just wait and watch..exciting series

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Pakistan will have problems handling Kumble and Bhajji on any track. Except for Inzy and Youhana (to a certain extent), I don't think any of their other players can boast of how well they play spin.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Is Bhajji a new-comer??? Will be interesting to see if he lives up to expectations. Or maybe it'll be contrary to all expectations????

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Sehwag309 said:
Actually some people got him confused as Balaji too!
Yes, the first time I saw Bhajji in one of the posts there, I persumed it was meant to be Balaji and was spelled wrong or maybe nickname. But then having seen the next post again with Bhajji as a spinner........couldn't be him!

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
I will stick with m y first opinion, this one is too close to call.

The only reason i think Pak is going to win, thats only bcoz they VALUE playing with India. and show more passion in Playing against India.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think passion will be lacking on either side during this series. I think this will be a series that will be decided on who plays the better cricket, as I think both teams will be equally charged up.

rehanyazdani

Cricket Spectator
I think that Pakistan will be really fired up after they lost both ODI and Test series last year at home to India. They will be looking to do the same in India. So expect to see a fight by Pakistan. Although they are coming off a pretty rough Australian tour, Pakistan put up a good fight. Razzaq, Afridi, Rana, Hafeez, no one here mentions these guys. They all have stepped up and done some good stuff.

If Razzaq and Afridi can perform as they did in Australia, along with the ever dependable Inzi and Youhana, Pakistan can easily win. Mohammed Sami and Shoaib Akhtar should be ready as well and that will give Pakistan one of the best fast bowling attacks in the world. I also think that Asim Kamal is a good test match player. I still remember the half century he scored in the Lahore test last year, even though he was hurting with some injury.

And for you guys talking about spin, it's sad that Saqlain Mushtaq won't be playing, but why are you forgetting Danish Kaneria??? That man is awesome.

pakster

U19 12th Man
Sanz said:
Hahaha, Pakster is a funny guy. first he says "India simply dont have the quality neccessary to trouble the likes of inzi, yoyo, afridi, razzaq etc." and then he goes on to say "Pakistan now have a quality leg spin bowler, 2 awesome quickies and 100s of pathaanesque medium pace trundlers."

Lol, I am sure it isn't his arrogance. ;)
Well Sanz,
You will notice that I mentioned Afridi and Razzaq alongside inzi and yoyo, ie -referring to their batting abilities. Perhaps I should have stated that: "India do not have the neccessary bowling capabilities to trouble the likes of Inzi, afridi et cetera!" but then again, I thought most would have figured that out themselves... 8-)

Also, my comment of pakistan having plenty of medium pace trundlers doesnt neccesarily refer to Razzaq, who is, one of the greatest ever ODI all-rounders.

4-1, 2-0

rehanyazdani

Cricket Spectator
pakster said:
Well Sanz,
You will notice that I mentioned Afridi and Razzaq alongside inzi and yoyo, ie -referring to their batting abilities. Perhaps I should have stated that: "India do not have the neccessary bowling capabilities to trouble the likes of Inzi, afridi et cetera!" but then again, I thought most would have figured that out themselves... 8-)

Also, my comment of pakistan having plenty of medium pace trundlers doesnt neccesarily refer to Razzaq, who is, one of the greatest ever ODI all-rounders.

4-1, 2-0
sorry i didnt remember. but yeah this series is really too close to call right now. everyone said last year that india will have a horrible time in pakistan, and everyone knows what happened. steve waugh just said that india will win, i dont agree with that. pak will either odi or test series, if not both!

yohanna

Banned
Bouncer said:
I will stick with m y first opinion, this one is too close to call.

The only reason i think Pak is going to win, thats only bcoz they VALUE playing with India. and show more passion in Playing against India.
Likewsie indians can be expected to play with more passion! And where was the passion when Pak confronted India on its own home ground?

I think Pak will lose to India primarily because Pakistan has a poor leadership, India on the other hand has a very good captain in Ganguly.