• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs. India Polls

What will be the result of the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yohanna

Banned
rehanyazdani said:
If Razzaq and Afridi can perform as they did in Australia, along with the ever dependable Inzi and Youhana, Pakistan can easily win.
In oneday yes, but if Razzak is selected to play in test match then it will be a disaster.

Mohammed Sami and Shoaib Akhtar should be ready as well and that will give Pakistan one of the best fast bowling attacks in the world. I also think that Asim Kamal is a good test match player. I still remember the half century he scored in the Lahore test last year, even though he was hurting with some injury.
Considering Sami has done so well in test matches, it surely must be the greatest attack in the world. 8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
yohanna said:
In oneday yes, but if Razzak is selected to play in test match then it will be a disaster.

Considering Sami has done so well in test matches, it surely must be the greatest attack in the world. 8-)
Its a very good attack but I wouldnt say its the best in the world. If Saqlain was at his peak and fit, it would be much better.

yohanna

Banned
SJS said:
Its a very good attack but I wouldnt say its the best in the world. If Saqlain was at his peak and fit, it would be much better.
How is it a good attack? Akhtar if fully fit can be a great performer(depending on his mood). Sami has done nothing more than sleepwalking in his entire test career. The back up pacers, don't know who are those going to be.I don't expect much from Rana,Khalil and Rao.

Danish is a good prospect but i don't think he will be able to trouble the Indian batsmen.Basically it comes down to one man, Akhtar.

yohanna

Banned
Sanz said:
Pak team coming off from a tough Aussie tour is going to do well.
Thats very interesting, because some says they won't do well after losing so very badly to Australia.Kaif and Harb think Pak would struggle as they would be completely demoralised.

Yet there are others who think Pak would be mentally tough after such a tour.It remains to be seen as to who happens to be correct on this.

Choora

State Regular
yohanna said:
How is it a good attack? Akhtar if fully fit can be a great performer(depending on his mood). Sami has done nothing more than sleepwalking in his entire test career. The back up pacers, don't know who are those going to be.I don't expect much from Rana,Khalil and Rao.

Danish is a good prospect but i don't think he will be able to trouble the Indian batsmen.Basically it comes down to one man, Akhtar.
It is indeed a weak attack. Rana,Rao, Khalil and other new pacers aren't capable of taking 20 wkts in a test match. Sami is useless, while the unavailabilty of Saqlain makes Pak spin attack almost invisible.

Pak would miss its frontline pacers (in Gul and Shabbir) in this tour badly.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
yohanna said:
Thats very interesting, because some says they won't do well after losing so very badly to Australia.Kaif and Harb think Pak would struggle as they would be completely demoralised.

Yet there are others who think Pak would be mentally tough after such a tour.It remains to be seen as to who happens to be correct on this.
I think Pakistan will have the advantage having just played with Australia and they've probably learned quite a few lessons there. India's last series, on the other hand, was with bangladesh and we even managed to lose an ODI to them. Last year, India went to tour Pakistan right after they played in the VB series in Australia, now it's the exact opposite.

rehanyazdani

Cricket Spectator
shoot_me said:
I think Pakistan will have the advantage having just played with Australia and they've probably learned quite a few lessons there. India's last series, on the other hand, was with bangladesh and we even managed to lose an ODI to them. Last year, India went to tour Pakistan right after they played in the VB series in Australia, now it's the exact opposite.
nice point. yeah we saw how india came to pakistan and beat them after coming off an australia tour. of course india did tie the test series, but still lost the vb series

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
rehanyazdani said:
nice point. yeah we saw how india came to pakistan and beat them after coming off an australia tour. of course india did tie the test series, but still lost the vb series
Only difference is that India had much more support from the media when the australian tour was over. The Pakistan team received encouragement of no kind from anyone. I think the biggest problem with the Pakistan is how former players like Imran Khan are constantly criticizing the team instead of giving them support or constructive criticism. Saying that you want Inzi to give up captaincy is not going to help.

yohanna

Banned
shoot_me said:
Only difference is that India had much more support from the media when the australian tour was over. The Pakistan team received encouragement of no kind from anyone. I think the biggest problem with the Pakistan is how former players like Imran Khan are constantly criticizing the team instead of giving them support or constructive criticism. Saying that you want Inzi to give up captaincy is not going to help.
Imran had criticize just ONCE, he criticize Inzi and that was a well deserve criticism.

However there are some that are criticizing the team for their own vested interst, Miandad being one example.

If India received encouragement then it was because they played very well and were well led by Ganguly, had that been the case with Pak, they too would have earned praises!

biased indian

International Coach
Unattainableguy said:
If they can trouble Australia for an inning, then it's highly possible they can do it against India in both innings.
if u remember india did beat australia at home so may be we are abetter team

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
imranrabb said:
then again india did beat australia with australia playing without mcgrath,warne and gillespie
Then again Pakistan did beat Australia with...o wait no they got creamed....

Last edited:

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
lmao, on what basis do you say that India is a better team??? On the fact that Pakistan have beaten India four times in a row now? And winning against Australia when they didn't have Gillespie, McGrath and Warne wasn't much of a win; any team could have done that.
And when you're deciding whether it's India better than Pakistan or vice versa, you are to look at the match results between them and not compare how well each team did against Australia.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:
lmao, on what basis do you say that India is a better team??? On the fact that Pakistan have beaten India four times in a row now? And winning against Australia when they didn't have Gillespie, McGrath and Warne wasn't much of a win; any team could have done that.
Look here my friend. You have already said India will lose 3-0. So why argue about it further. We are all going to be here, hopefully, when the test series is over. Lets discuss it then. Right ?

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
SJS said:
Look here my friend. You have already said India will lose 3-0. So why argue about it further. We are all going to be here, hopefully, when the test series is over. Lets discuss it then. Right ?
Yes, then what's the point of this, "if u remember india did beat australia at home so may be we are abetter team."

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:
Yes, then what's the point of this, "if u remember india did beat australia at home so may be we are abetter team."
No point...after a point :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Unattainableguy said:
And when you're deciding whether it's India better than Pakistan or vice versa, you are to look at the match results between them and not compare how well each team did against Australia.
Pakistan have beaten India 4 times in a row in ODIs, not in TESTs. I still say India is better in Tests, Pakistan better in ODIs.

As for India winning against Australia without Mcgrath, Gillespie and Warne, Let me inform you that the last time India won a series against Australia, Mcgrath, Gillespie and Warne all were part of that team.
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Series/SeriesStats.asp?SeriesCode=0444 .

Also for your head-to-head results theory, Well I am willing to consider it but only if you are willing to consider that England/WI/SA are much better teams than Pakistan.