• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs India OR Australia vs England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I find Australia vs England terribly boring tbh (especially in ODIs, there's nothing to see). As for test matches between the two sides, I can understand why a lot of you may find it interesting, but it's not my cup of tea. Australia vs RSA or England vs Pakistan is far more intriguing.

But like others said India vs Pakistan, a few years back, got quite boring as they were playing each other a lot. With that said, I really truly don't think theres a single WC match-up out there that comes even close to being as interesting as India vs Pakistan. Indian and Pakistani fans go into a WC match featuring both sides with much excitement and anxiety. 2003 WC match, the 2007 T20 final, the 1996 quarter-final between the two sides, and the list goes on. Doesn't get any better than that.

But if we're speaking in terms of Test matches, India vs Australia takes it for me. So much passion involved, and the controversies spice things up.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Aust vs. Eng tests are awesome Turb. Especially at the ground.
Perhaps, but I just find them a bit too one sided compared to some of the other contests going around. Of course 2005 was an exception. I just rather watch England vs Pak, or India/RSA vs Australia. With that said, in Test matches, England vs Aus > India vs Pak. But not by a lot.

Oh and after the last couple of series, India vs RSA is right up there with the best.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In Test cricket, the most enjoyable matchups are Eng. vs. RSA and India vs. Australia.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd agree with that.

Ind vs. Aust I obviously enjoy, but Eng vs. SA is so awesome. They match-up so well in test cricket.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
In the WC? India vs. Pak

Generally, I think India vs Aus trumps these two. Ind/Pak about equal to Aus/Eng IMO.

Eng/Pak has some nice spice to it now as well after the forfeit and spot fixing scandals.
agree with this. the premier event in test cricket is, in the eyes of this neutral, the india vs. australia series.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Eng/Pak has some nice spice to it now as well after the forfeit and spot fixing scandals.
Meh, I don't think either of those things has much to do with England. England v Pakistan is good to watch for cricketing reasons but that crap is all internal Pakistan stuff really. Adds nothing to the eng v pak match-up so far as I can see.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aus-Ind, Sa-Eng and Pak-Sl are my favourite series to watch very common to see these sides trading series wins.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
either way the results are too favourable for one of the teams i.e pakis and aussies but now things have started to change in the recent times atleastf or India with pakistan not being able to beat them in a series or for that matter any matches that comprehensively and aussies losing ashes to poms consecutively with such innings losses

i would rate the poms vs Aussies as bigger rivalry because its been there since too long and is mother of all competitions

ps: it was my view keeping in mind the modern aspect

qarishahg

Cricket Spectator
The ashes are unique and are one of the closest rival series the sport has. History will show this

But in the WC it's not the same. Where as the arch rivalry between Pakistan vs India is epic

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
lol.....yeah man...........the atmosphere is just electrifying........I remember Bangalore 96......even though we lost but it was one hell of an atmosphere..........
Reminds me that we heard that some Pakistanis committed suicide after that match. Is that right?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
An Indian fan committed suicide after the 2007 defeat to Sri Lanka. Apparently his wife tried to as well.

Talk about ****ed up.

smash84

The Tiger King
Reminds me that we heard that some Pakistanis committed suicide after that match. Is that right?
nah...........I don't think so.........Wasim's house came under severe stoning and his property was damaged and the other cricketers were fearing for their lives IIRC but no suicides. I

I heard of some people dying of heart attacks when Miandad hit a 6 on the last ball in Sharjah though. Happened to someone in Pakistan I heard. Heard about India too. Not sure though....