• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overrated/Underrated

Xuhaib

International Coach
David Boon
Correctly Rated.
Every one agrees that he was a top class batsman but i havent seen many ppl calling him an all-time legend.His record justifies that.Excellent but not extraodinary.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Guys, after having given ur opinion, you are supposed to name another player so that the game can continue.

Stephen Fleming.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Xuhaib said:
Correctly Rated.
Every one agrees that he was a top class batsman but i havent seen many ppl calling him an all-time legend.His record justifies that.Excellent but not extraodinary.
True, but I think he has achieved legend status for his size and drinking talents.

Anyway, Stephen Fleming I think is overrated as a captain and slightly underrated as a batsman.

Mohammed Yousuf (formerly Yousuf Youhana)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Overrated.

Jeff Thomson.

edit: bah, should have checked and seen if he'd been done already.

How about Jason Gillespie?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dave Richardson = slightly over rated as a keeper. After all, he was never tested by a good spinner.

Danish Kaneria

PY

International Coach
Under-rated, he's been a key figure in England's side for a while now and I think people are only just beginning to recognise that.

Jack Russell.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
PY said:
Under-rated, he's been a key figure in England's side for a while now and I think people are only just beginning to recognise that.

Jack Russell.
Underrated by the selectors....just about correctly rated by cricket fans.

Javagal Srinath.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
Under-rated I would say - 2nd best Indian paceman ever (AA excluded because he's better than any other in history of course!)

Ian Bell

Not rated.

Bradman.