• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opinion of David Warner

What do you think of Warner?

• Total voters

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marnue has to be One Nation. You don’t immigrate from SA in the 90s to Aus unless reasons.

Smith’s background suggests Tory, but he’s no stranger to the working man’s paradise of Balmain, so there is hope there.
Marnie's definitely on the right. Being a Saffa he'd be a god bothered as well (es wull).

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umm he has a great record in RSA, Bangladesh and and neutral UAE. He sucks everywhere else even the freaking WI. 34 in away tests is mediocre quite honestly.
Yes, 34 is indeed an extremely mediocre number.

T H I R T Y F O U R
H
I
R
T
F
O
U
R

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
On the pitch, we all know Warners strengths and weaknesses. At home he's a brutal opening bat who can take any attack apart. Away from home, he's had some success but on the whole has struggled.

He's a top notch one day player who can win any game single handedly.

Unfortunately for Warner, he'll probably be remembered as much for his off the field performances. Whether that's fair or not, I'm not sure.

I was Egdbaston in 2019, his 1st test after his ban and he predictably he took dogs abuse from the crowd. Warner to his credit took it really well, and joined in with the banter, regularly showing that his pockets were empty.

From what the Aussies on here have said in this thread, he came from pretty humble beginnings and still does a lot for that community which is really commendable.

As a Englishman, Warners an easy figure to 'hate' but some of the stuff in this thread lead me believe there's probably alot more to Warner than meets the eye.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I guess he is an emotional guy and sometimes he reacts in anger and stuff. Also, I guess he has an ego and doesn't like being told that he is wrong or whatever. But everything we have seen of him with SRH esp. post 2018 has been really good. He actually enjoys spending time with the fans and posing for pics etc as well which I think is something which some other celebrities, often for good reason, find tiresome.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I guess he is an emotional guy and sometimes he reacts in anger and stuff. Also, I guess he has an ego and doesn't like being told that he is wrong or whatever. But everything we have seen of him with SRH esp. post 2018 has been really good. He actually enjoys spending time with the fans and posing for pics etc as well which I think is something which some other celebrities, often for good reason, find tiresome.
He is also brand ambassador of Telugu movie industry ?

Sunil1z

International Regular
I would like to be proven wrong but I think Warner has more than twice as many Instagram followers than any current Aussie cricketer.