• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Online Game Play

baadsha_zeb

Cricket Spectator
hey fellow cricket lovers..its time that cricket went online.. so for this new game it MUST have an online game play,,but it doesnt have to be complicative,it could be like NBA LIVE 2005, where you can challenge your friends by typing in their IP Address. Wht do the rest of you think

Dant

Cricket Spectator
It would definetely be great, but i do think they should concentrate on getting the game right first before adding this feature. I think there are more important aspects of the game that need improvement. Many of these things have already been discussed in the forum.

Although an online feature would be awesome, i'd be disappointed if they added online play and left out a lot of other things because of it.

DANT

zimrahil

Cricket Spectator
baadsha_zeb said:
hey fellow cricket lovers..its time that cricket went online.. so for this new game it MUST have an online game play,,

It must have.........but has been stated many a time on numerous forums, it doesn't :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
zimrahil said:
It must have.........but has been stated many a time on numerous forums, it doesn't :(
Good, would rather they spent their time making a definitive simulation of cricket..

Josh

International Regular
Need to get every single thing right before including online gameplay. So, we can probably predict EA 2006 will incorporate all efforts into online gameplay, and **** up yet again :p

baadsha_zeb

Cricket Spectator
well, its all good to know that u guys think that they should concentrate on the game rather than the online feature, but the true reality is that no matter how great the game, cricket games tend to get boring quite easily when compared with other sporting games, the only thing that will make cricket games better is an online feature.. so in my opinion i would rather have the makers leave out a few competitions and have an online feature, because it is this feature that will separates a good game from a very good game :p

bryce

International Regular
agreed baadsha_zeb, no doubt i will play this game for a while but will eventually get sick of it after a while as will so many other people, look how popular a standard sort of game like ICC2002 got without having any updates, the online game certainly increased it's popularity

Dant

Cricket Spectator
Whats the point of playing the game online when the game is crap in the first place?

Online gameplay will take a lot of effort for the developers to implement, time that should be spent else where other than online play - that is the bottom line.

These sorts of games can take hours to complete. I don't want to play a cricket game online with someone, me take a few wickets and then they disconnect from the game because they lossed. Its not the type of game like Counter-Strike where u can just restart and play again. I don't think online play is such a big issue compared to many other things.

You get sick of any game, there is not one game i have owned that i haven't got sick of. But that is why you need to implement features like more statistics, scenarios, and unlockable features to make the game more interesting and to also make the gameplay awesome from the start and not waste time putting in online play. If you want to compete against ppl online, play Checkers that comes with Windows XP.

DANT

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Why can't they do both? Its not as if they don't have the time...I don't care if its released in 2007, as long as its awesome and has online game play:)

Dant

Cricket Spectator
Yeah same, i wouldn't care if they didn't release it untill 2007 as well, as long as everything was awesome. But they r talking the game up being released next year (so they can get more profit). In fact, i don't even really know why they have this forum up - i doubt they would be taking in anything we r saying. They probably wouldn't have enough time to implement the things we have suggested.

DANT

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Well the idea, according to Codies, is that they get the game right first and then they can do Online Play for a later version.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Which is definitely the best way to go.

If they spent so long developing it, there'd be no money around to keep it going without sales.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Well, I have to agree with the people wanting online play. No matter how easy a game is, online play always makes the contests more interesting. Even Cricket '96 would be awesome if you played against real people.