• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe tour of United Arab Emirates, 2015-16

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Suppose one shouldn't assume the team batting first is crap till the other team has had a go on the wicket. Something like that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The series-decider is tomorrow.
This is such a confusing post. I mean technically it was trueish given you made the post in the UK where it was (just) still Tuesday, but it's not like you aren't well-versed in the fact that timezones exist.

Anyway, game starts in four and half hours from now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah true, they are pretty ****. But Aghan batting has gone to toilet last few games.

Probably better to avoid or look for in-play

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Gulbadin Naib is making this an interesting match out of nowhere. 4 sixes so far - 50 needed from last 6...still Zimbabwe is favourite imo

smash84

The Tiger King
afghanistan require 10 off the last over with 2 wickets in hand.

I think they might just cave under pressure

smash84

The Tiger King
oh wow, Afghanistan won. Well played. Sorry zimbos, **** death bowling never won anybody anything

smash84

The Tiger King
Not often do you see Inzamam-ul-Haq display emotion. He was furious halfway through the chase, but now he has a big grin on his face. The team does a lap around the ground, the administrators are equally delighted, and why not! I can't even imagine what the scenes would be like in Kabul, Kandahar and elsewhere in the country right now. It's freezing cold, but this win should warm their hearts. Terrific scenes, this is what sport is all about. What scenes
A Pakistani batting coach for the team? :blink:

That explains why their batting has been going south of late.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Madziva to Gulbadin Naib, 2 runs, squeezed down to long-on, not hit well, so they come back for the second as the fielder had to rush in to get to the ball. Naib thinks they've scored the winning runs and takes his helmet off and nearly runs a lap around the ground, only to be later told by the umpire that they still have one run to get

Outstanding

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
i think its more to do with talent than coaching
Pakistan has no dearth of raw talent.

They need a good batting coach who can make them better batsman against pace bowling...someone like Inzamam or Saeed Anwar can do the job...As much as I love Waqar Younis and Mushtaq Ahmed, they are of no help in this regard

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Glad that I persisted with Afghanistan throughout the series for betting purposes...They always had >=2 odds (incidentally 1st, 2nd and 5th matches had the best odds understandably :) )- winning 2 matches out of 5 would make me break-even...Today's win feels fantastic

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan has no dearth of raw talent.

They need a good batting coach who can make them better batsman against pace bowling...someone like Inzamam or Saeed Anwar can do the job...As much as I love Waqar Younis and Mushtaq Ahmed, they are of no help in this regard
You're parroting a decade old media line :p

There really is a dearth in batting talent. There really are no batting geniuses on the horizon. Heck even decent competent batsmen are in short supply in domestic cricket.