• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Pakistan 2020

Chubb

International Regular
Like most talented young Zimbos over the years Madhevere will have to learn his trade in international cricket. one of the benefits of the current side being older is that he can draw on their experience. Post 2004 there was a whole generation who had nobody to learn from or look up to.

Chubb

International Regular
Top quality from Williams. And good support from Raza. Still need to go some to defend it tho.

Chubb

International Regular
One of the worst reviews ever there from Haider.

Fakhar looked plumb as well but to be fair was umpires' call.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Haider has a **** ton of talent but still to raw, why was sohail dropped for him after top scoring?

SeamUp

International Coach
Nice one Zim.

That piece of fielding was a joke though. But it was chilled win in the super over in the end lol

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah it feels like it's been 10+ years since a batsman came into the side and looked like they might stick around for longer than a series or two, especially in ODIs. Moor was alright in Tests but got randomly dropped; I hope he doesn't bail. Ditto Ryan Burl who seems to get a lot more interest as a globetrotting T20 leg spinner than the Test bat I thought he was going to be.

It's still a sometimes-decent team but I really fear for it moving forward given its four best players will probably retire close together (and soon). I actually kind of expected them to do it after they failed to qualify for the last World Cup but I think the pain of missing it made them want to have one more crack at another one. BT will have been playing international cricket for twenty years in 2023 when the next one rolls around though.

The core of the side cut their teeth in a much better era for player development in the country. They'd already fallen in love with the game and learned how to bat and bowl when the **** really hit the fan. What we've seen more recently suggests they could get lapped by some of the associates in the next three years or so when the middle order calls it quits, unless Madhevere averages 40 with the bat and 25 with the ball.
Well summed up mate.

Such a shame what has happened to their cricket. Obviously Rhodesia played in SA for so long but as individual country it used to be great when they were so competitive. Also loved watching test cricket at Harare and Bulawayo.

Outside of Madhevere these 2 look like their best hopes. Shumba is also in the squad for Pakistan. Good that he is mixing with these senior players now to get his best chance.