• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Pakistan 2020

Heboric

International Debutant
Well summed up mate.

Such a shame what has happened to their cricket. Obviously Rhodesia played in SA for so long but as individual country it used to be great when they were so competitive. Also loved watching test cricket at Harare and Bulawayo.

Outside of Madhevere these 2 look like their best hopes. Shumba is also in the squad for Pakistan. Good that he is mixing with these senior players now to get his best chance.

I always have conflicting thoughts when I see Zim play. Part of me thinks they should be banned, like SA was ...

SeamUp

International Coach
I always have conflicting thoughts when I see Zim play. Part of me thinks they should be banned, like SA was ...
They basically were from 1970 to 1983

They got their independence in 1980 thanks to the Lancaster Agreement.

* 1 of 5 SA cricketers of the year for that year in brackets

Denis Tomlinson (only one before WWII), Chris Duckworth, Percy Mansell (1955), Tony Pithey (1959), David Pithey, Joe Partridge (1963), Goofy Lawrence (1960), Jackie du Preez (1967 & their most capped player - passed away this year unfortunately), John Traicos all played test cricket for SA.

You probably say their strongest era was into the 70s with the support of South Africans Carlstein & Procter + Robin Jackman. They never could win the Currie Cup because of the strength but they were probably at their best then. Very good side.

Players like Ray Gripper (1968), Stuart Robertson (1972), Brian Davison (1973), Howard Gardiner, Peter Swart (1975) - (went to play for Western Province), Paddy Clift (1979)- (went to play for Natal), Richard Kaschula (1972), Robert Bentley (went to play for Natal) all miss out on international cricket but played Currie Cup cricket.

Jack Heron (1976) , Dave Houghton, Duncan Fletcher (1975), Kevin Curran, Peter Rawson, Traicos & Vincent Hogg made it for their first ODI in the world Cup in 1983. Think only Curran & Rawson never played for Rhodesia.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My man Muzurabani looks the goods. Took the key Babar wicket after making early inroads.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What is the word on Chetara? If he can be back and as good as earlier, that will be a great new ball pair for them at least.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Madhevere looks the goods. Nice shots.
Better bowler than Zimbabwe seem keen to admit at the moment too.

I was quietly stoked for Elton Chigumbura as well. He's been a chronic underachiever at international level but his latest comeback had been particularly underwhelming. A breezy 21 in the last couple of overs is obviously not groundbreaking but it's going to be his role (and a quite important one) at the next World T20 so it was good to see he still has it in him to deliver on it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better bowler than Zimbabwe seem keen to admit at the moment too.

I was quietly stoked for Elton Chigumbura as well. He's been a chronic underachiever at international level but his latest comeback had been particularly underwhelming. A breezy 21 in the last couple of overs is obviously not groundbreaking but it's going to be his role (and a quite important one) at the next World T20 so it was good to see he still has it in him to deliver on it.
He’s retiring after this series lol