• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in New Zealand 2012

thierry henry

International Coach
FMD what a woeful bowling display by us

De Grandhomme WA useless C

Williamson: More please

Fun fact: One of the blokes with the "Be my Valentine Rigor" sign was Ronnie Hira's brother

Thus concludes my analysis

thierry henry

International Coach
Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but that NZ side has to be one of the most unbalanced we've ever selected. 7 bowlers used including 6 blokes who are predominantly in the side to bowl, and of the 3 blokes not used we had a genuine T20 all-rounder, a batting all-rounder (albeit sh*t in both disciplines) and a former test opening bowler with a test match hat-trick.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would have been mighty tempted to give the MOTM to Williamson tbh, even if he did just score 20.

Zinzan

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but that NZ side has to be one of the most unbalanced we've ever selected. 7 bowlers used including 6 blokes who are predominantly in the side to bowl, and of the 3 blokes not used we had a genuine T20 all-rounder, a batting all-rounder (albeit sh*t in both disciplines) and a former test opening bowler with a test match hat-trick.
This was always going to be an experiment of sorts. With Guppy, Taylor, Ryder & possible even Brownlie to come back in the side, expect a more orthodox line-up.

As in aside, anyone know when Taylor's expected back? We'll need to be at full strength to beat SA.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a great Twenty20 match, some fantastic hitting. Must admit, wouldn't have minded if Zimbabwe had got up actually :ph34r:

I really don't think we should play this team against SA though. Surely we need another batsman or two.

Zinzan

Apart from Guptill, who else is there to come back? Taylor is still injured last time I heard.
Assuming only Guptill is fit to return, I'd have the following top 7;

Nicol
Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Franklin
Oram
NcCullum

James

Cricket Web Owner
Assuming only Guptill is fit to return, I'd have the following top 7;

Nicol
Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Franklin
Oram
NcCullum
With the following from 8 to 11 I assume:

Bracewell
Mills
Southee
Hira

That's 9 bowling options in total. I'm surprised we haven't decided to slot in another batsman in there somewhere with Taylor being out. Especially as if SA take a few early wickets we're quickly into the all-rounders.

Credit to Zimbabwe again for their performance in this match. A very likeable team and I hope they go from strength to strength. Shame they couldn't have arrived earlier and played more warm-up matches.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That's about as great as minnow clashes get, what a ****ing game. ****house bowling effort by us though, I was wondering whether Vitori had found his way into the Blackcaps disguised as Bates. Not surprised at de Grandhommes failing either tbh, it's not easy to stroll into international cricket firing, even against the Zimbos. Had a six land about three metres in front of me in the middle of some bloody kids, couldn't really get anywhere near it without having to shove them out of the way. Not worth it for some sunglasses. Cool story, eh?

That Williamson guy, he did pretty alright I guess.

Zinzan

With the following from 8 to 11 I assume:

Bracewell
Mills
Southee
Hira
Yup, that'd do for the bowlers although I'd bracket Hira with Nethula

That's 9 bowling options in total. I'm surprised we haven't decided to slot in another batsman in there somewhere with Taylor being out. Especially as if SA take a few early wickets we're quickly into the all-rounders.
We could probably afford another batsman with the number of bowling options.