• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**Zimbabwe in Bangladesh Thread

Craig

World Traveller
I have read some of the comments earlier in this thread regarding whether or not Bangladesh should have Test status.

Out of interest, should New Zealand have lost Test status along time ago (ie in the 40's or 50's) since it took them 26 years to win a Test match.

You have crawl before you walk, and maybe it is time for Bangladesh now to start walking.

shaka

International Regular
9/0 after 3 overs in reply to Bangladesh's 488 all out. 25 overs to go on day 2.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah. I've been following him a bit since he decimated Australia under-19s. His stats aren't flash but he's put in the odd useful performance.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
really?

I think Banglandish has got this warped up

Unless Zimbabwe can imatate a Victorcian comeback and win via follow on

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
bang is beating up on "zimbabwe"....yay...the icc's action has been vindicated.... 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Dizzy #4 said:
Hopefull Banglandish can make a 500 something total, and maybe be comepetive for once!
Its a sad reflection on International cricket when Bangladesh become competitive.. :(

If "Zimbabwe" were playing and not "Zimbobwe", we would be seeing some test match cricket.. Not boys against boys

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Up the Bangladesh wot a days pereformance....although this is against the worst teram in world cricket at the moment....Zimbarbwe shouldnt even be playing cricket at the moment and the ICC are fools in leting a team of Zimbarwes quality continue to play test cricket particulary due to the stest of the country at the mo.....in fariness Bangladesh shouldnt even be playing test cricket...there side part from a few games (pakistan) have done nothing to justify fulll test status.....But all crdit to Bangladesh they batted well and Zimabwe at least got them all out......Lets hope that Bangladesh can win both tests and reallly show the ICC up!!!!!!!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Marcus said:
.Lets hope that Bangladesh can win both tests and reallly show the ICC up!!!!!!!!
The ICC have already been shown up in this series happening in the first place.. But they will show it as a "triumph" for Bangladeshi cricket should they win.. Full of BS, and probably the weakest test match since Charles Bannerman strutted out and struck his first century

Marcus

Langeveldt said:
The ICC have already been shown up in this series happening in the first place.. But they will show it as a "triumph" for Bangladeshi cricket should they win.. Full of BS, and probably the weakest test match since Charles Bannerman strutted out and struck his first century
the amount of times the ICC have been shown up in recent years is crazy....Zimbarbwe is the key one a issue that has been running since the 2003 World Cup....the planning of the ICC Trophey was also a crazy decsion this year...cloise season in England???? what woith that...although i dont know hoew much the ECB played a part there.....and theve had a awful few years as well...much like the ICC....triumph yes it will be...but everyone will know who it was against.....and the situation surronding the win..even Bangladesh will have that fort in the back of there minds.....a sorry fact but true...a weak series it will be..and certinly not a good series that should be made proud of.....THE ICC HAS REALLY LOST IT......trouble is most countrys cricket Boards have as well...the ZCU THE ECB and the South African cricket board to name but 3.

Chubb

International Regular
Zimbabwe aren't out of this yet, remember Masakadza and Taylor are still in, and Taibu and Chiggers are to come. Call me an idiot if you want, but I believe in the talent of these players. It's not their fault their country's gone to hell, and it's not their fault the ICC puts them through the grinder.
I think Malcolm Speed is an incompetent fool. He describes the differences with the ZCU (Or ZC as we must now call it) as "Healthy" and accuses us of being "Colonial in outlook" well, jesus christ if the people of a country where many are dual nationality, which we have a special bond to are being murdered then what the hell are we supposed to do? Iraq didn't have any link with us like Zimbabwe do.

I remember when Andy Flower was playing for Zimbabwe and they nearly beat us in the Trent Bridge test of 2000 -that was a side already in decline. The players Zimbabwe produced, the Flowers and Houghton and Streak and Price and the rest really added something to international cricket. Zimbabwe have made a contribution. If Mugabe were gone this'd probably be one of Flower's final test matches. We must not forget that. We must not stop supporting cricket there, whilst realising that the cricket world has to condemn dictators and tyranny. Sport and politics do mix, and Speed and the rest of them don't understand this.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
Zimbabwe aren't out of this yet, remember Masakadza and Taylor are still in, and Taibu and Chiggers are to come. Call me an idiot if you want, but I believe in the talent of these players. It's not their fault their country's gone to hell, and it's not their fault the ICC puts them through the grinder.
I think Malcolm Speed is an incompetent fool. He describes the differences with the ZCU (Or ZC as we must now call it) as "Healthy" and accuses us of being "Colonial in outlook" well, jesus christ if the people of a country where many are dual nationality, which we have a special bond to are being murdered then what the hell are we supposed to do? Iraq didn't have any link with us like Zimbabwe do.

I remember when Andy Flower was playing for Zimbabwe and they nearly beat us in the Trent Bridge test of 2000 -that was a side already in decline. The players Zimbabwe produced, the Flowers and Houghton and Streak and Price and the rest really added something to international cricket. Zimbabwe have made a contribution. If Mugabe were gone this'd probably be one of Flower's final test matches. We must not forget that. We must not stop supporting cricket there, whilst realising that the cricket world has to condemn dictators and tyranny. Sport and politics do mix, and Speed and the rest of them don't understand this.
Absolutely cracking post.. Shame you only have 49.

Marcus

Chubb said:
. Sport and politics do mix, and Speed and the rest of them don't understand this.
the Zimabarbwe England situation in the world cup was one that needed political intervention from Tony Blair...there were threats on english lives and yet the icc, ecb and the PM all ignored Hussains players causing what was a stupid decsion....Zimbarbwe are doing there best...but lets rerember South Africa were banned through much of the 20th century due to political reasons....the same if not worse is happening in Zimabawe....why isnt the same factors that were brought to south africa now occuring to zimbarbwe? Mugabe and his party are killing there own poeple and smoothering zimbarbwe of democracy. The black arm band protest was the bravest i have ever experinced by cricketers. That protest was political....and the implications that surrond zimbabwe are political....and do mix with sport....Malzome speed and the ICC like chubb suggestions do not relise this and even though Zimabawe are doing there best the political situation is killing there team (ie sacking of streak) and unfortuantly a team that had middle icc ratings 5 years ago...could be beaten by the worst test team currnetly

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Its a sad reflection on International cricket when Bangladesh become competitive.. :(

If "Zimbabwe" were playing and not "Zimbobwe", we would be seeing some test match cricket.. Not boys against boys
if bangladesh really become competitive, that would be great for international cricket, but that cannot be determined whatever be the outcome of this "series"....because their opponent is a pale shadow of what they used to be....

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Oh what a defeatist attitude that is.

I would have thought Bangladesh being competitive is a sign that maybe just maybe they have improved as a team and finally starting to get some confidence under their belt and really belive they can win.

But hey what would I know?