• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** World XI v Asia XI

Deja moo

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
But how can they, when they can't put Satellite or Cable at places they live

Thus Places like Willow.tv started and others started playing around and now its everywhere
cricket player made it clear that it was a matter of the money for him. You create it for people who could normally not access the feed, and then come those who can acces it, but would rather have it cheaper.

How do you determine the limit? If every North American logged on to the webcast and no one subscribed to the braodcaster, could you justify it ?

Sehwag309

Banned
There is a limit...30-40 People (atleast the one I know) and its actually never full

Not many prefer webcast as TV viewing is basically what u want. If every North American bought webcast, Dish wouldnt make money thus no more Cricket...

But people who buy feel Dish rips them off, coz all other games are cheaper than Indian series as they know there are millions and they WILL buy..so there is that issue there too

South Africa/ England Series(5 test and ODI's I think 2 yrs back $59.99
India in Pakistan(3 test + ODI's) or India in WHERE EVER min. $199.99
Pakistan Series $99.99

Things will change as they have got competiton now and with that less piracy too I guess

Also, places like WILLOW.TV dont always offer cricket for North Americans...(either cheat by IP chaning or buy from others who are willing)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag309 said:
South Africa/ England Series(5 test and ODI's I think 2 yrs back $59.99
India in Pakistan(3 test + ODI's) or India in WHERE EVER min. $199.99
Pakistan Series $99.99
LOL! Wow. That's both incredibly smart business and extremely disgusting at the same time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
I asked how it would be a proper ODI if he carried out his initial threat.
What initial threat? And how would it not be a proper one day match as a result of it? Please clear this..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
age_master said:
hehe at full strength the ROW line up would have been even stronger, but it was good to have Gough out there, hes pretty popular out here and represents England in a world wide fundraiser.
If Asia would have had Tendulkar, Akhtar, they would have been stronger too. These games can go either way most of the times.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
What initial threat? And how would it not be a proper one day match as a result of it? Please clear this..
The one where he said he couldn't bat, but would bowl and field.

That would then make it a 12 a side game, hence not a proper match.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
The one where he said he couldn't bat, but would bowl and field.

That would then make it a 12 a side game, hence not a proper match.
My point was he could still play as a fielder. That would help the contributions and there was no way any way that 12 players could play batting/nowling as it was an oficial ODI.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I heard in February. I was at the MCG on Monday so I didn't hear Sachin's interview (haven't watched the tape yet either) but my father told me Sachin said his elbow would take 7-8 weeks (if my memory serves me correct) to fully heal. If this is true, it'd be safe to assume he won't play anything other than internationals (Yes I realise the Asia vs. ROW game was an official ODI, don't get smart ;))

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slow Love™ said:
This might be the worst argument against piracy ever. If somebody is stealing food because they can't afford it, the society they live in needs to sort out it's morality issues, not the "thief".

The Franciscans might like a debate on the morality of this, too. Not that I'm defending piracy, but jeez, I think people are confused about the issue.
The question is, under what circumstances is stealing justified? In every society, no matter how affluent large etc. there are always those who will struggle economically, more so than others. How does that justify stealing though? It's an unfortunate circumstance, but that's life - a series of unfortunate events.

If you were to argue this point, then surely it would be on the basis of charity, rather than costs. Yet that too - no matter how charitable a society or even the World is, there will always be some who suffer. It's not fair no, but it is life.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The question is, under what circumstances is stealing justified? In every society, no matter how affluent large etc. there are always those who will struggle economically, more so than others. How does that justify stealing though? It's an unfortunate circumstance, but that's life - a series of unfortunate events.

If you were to argue this point, then surely it would be on the basis of charity, rather than costs. Yet that too - no matter how charitable a society or even the World is, there will always be some who suffer. It's not fair no, but it is life.
That wasn't necessarily the point he was making though. You're entitled to your viewpoint on stealing for survival. I think the fact that you used it to solidify your argument against piracy was what was being questioned. I understand the route you were taking, but you could have taken a less sensitive and unfortunate route.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jono said:
That wasn't necessarily the point he was making though. You're entitled to your viewpoint on stealing for survival. I think the fact that you used it to solidify your argument against piracy was what was being questioned. I understand the route you were taking, but you could have taken a less sensitive and unfortunate route.
Agreed. Was attempting to most effectively address the "life is not fair, so I must steal cricket" argument. I probably should I addressed it differently though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Baconator said:
i think the second one's in calcutta in february or march sometime
I am delighted with this match. Will be held some time between Feb 13-17.

Third match in close proximity in Calcutta after India-Pakistan and India-South Africa. I am really looking forward to this match!!!!!!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

I'm not condoning piracy for the sake of a cricket match at all, but if it's for the sake of food, or something generally needed for survival, then would you rather die than stay within the law?

I'm still not necessarily condoning it, but I agree with SL that the argument wasn't the best.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tom Halsey said:
I'm not condoning piracy for the sake of a cricket match at all, but if it's for the sake of food, or something generally needed for survival, then would you rather die than stay within the law?

I'm still not necessarily condoning it, but I agree with SL that the argument wasn't the best.
It's an extreme example yes, but scale it down and you'll see the point.

Legglancer

State Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It's an extreme example yes, but scale it down and you'll see the point.

Lets turn it around ....... Is it ok for Corporations to steal from consumers through various legal loopholes and other avenues such monopolization ??? at what point does a profit margin becomes unfair ? and it becomes gouging ?