• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
I hadn’t followed it until I saw that tweet which was posted just after a son’s friend was released from hospital after a car crash

He ruptured his ACL among other and was on crutches for 4 weeks

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Pant is lucky to be alive as he went through the windscreen and it’s been nearly 6 months
From what has been said about the force and violence of the crash he is unbelievably lucky to be alive and even luckier for a return to elite sport even being conceivable

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Daily reminder that KL Rahul was the #1 keeper for his franchise till last year and also kept for us in T20Is.
I honestly wont have minded that for a one off.

And tbh, Kishan made some runs against SA A in SA. So he has got runs away in A level cricket, so this is not exactly a baseless selection. And if he can be selective about his shot making and tight in his defence, he can actually do well for us. The problem is if we expect him to be another Pant. That is not gonna happen.

I really worry more about young Indian batsmen against spin than I do against pace. :(

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who are the potential keepers if Bharat doesn't work out anyways? Kishan and Samson? KL?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I told you guys they were thinking of Kela as the keeper. @Xix2565 should know better than doubt me, tbh. :p
No. A keeper being taken as replacement doesn't mean they were thinking of Kela as keeper when he has never kept in a test or first class match before. With Iyer, Pant etc. all out of the frame, they could even play Kishan as a batsman.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No. A keeper being taken as replacement doesn't mean they were thinking of Kela as keeper when he has never kept in a test or first class match before. With Iyer, Pant etc. all out of the frame, they could even play Kishan as a batsman.
I think we all know what the more likely thing was. You are just being pedantic here.

Xix2565

International Debutant
I think we all know what the more likely thing was. You are just being pedantic here.
I mean no, not really. It's a step too far when they've never thought of KL keeper bat before when people like Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik were getting the gloves while KL was in the side.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Will be watching the IPL game tonight to see how Hazlewood goes (or if he even plays)

Hazlewood will not have played any red ball cricket for 5 months before the WTC Final and so far has only bowled 6 overs in 2 IPL games. On top of that, they only picked 4 pace bowlers so if Hazlewood is not ready there is no spare (or concussion sub).

Why would selectors take such a huge risk?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be watching the IPL game tonight to see how Hazlewood goes (or if he even plays)

Hazlewood will not have played any red ball cricket for 5 months before the WTC Final and so far has only bowled 6 overs in 2 IPL games. On top of that, they only picked 4 pace bowlers so if Hazlewood is not ready there is no spare (or concussion sub).

Why would selectors take such a huge risk?
They've picked 4 pace bowlers + marsh and green, right? 3 pacers start + Lyon and 1 allrounder, if there's a concussion the spare pacer subs in. If theres multiple injuries they just call you neser between games.