• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official **World Test Championship : 2021-2023 (New Cycle)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
A wonderful history where cricket was exclusively played by white men, with women and people of colour were barred from the sport.

The location of the final should rotate. If they want a neutral venue play it in Oman/Malaysia
Small crowds and lost revenue would be counter-productive.

There should be 2 divisions and, on current form, England could be playing against Afghanistan, Ireland and Zimbabwe and they would probably need to play a final at home to win.

cnerd123

likes this
Small crowds and lost revenue would be counter-productive.
You'd get sold out grounds, both those countries are great tourists spots and people (well, Indians anyways) would definitely fly out to catch the Finals. Huge cricket starved expat population in both Malaysia/Oman too, plus world class grounds, so that will not be a problem at all. Thailand works as an option too for the same reasons.

99% of the revenue of the WTC is TV deals anyways, so nothing to be lost there either.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah bro, the schedule sooking meme can go. NZ had it no better or worse than the other major players. Didn't even include their whipping kids of the decade England in the points nominations (so dumb). Meanwhile elsewhere in the world, rumour has it Australia lost to an Indian net team.

The difference in 2021 was KJ had a working outswinger and Conway qualified. The team was already good, but they made NZ temporarily the clear #1 in matches outside Asia, especially since the Indian middle order chose the same time to start sucking
It was a really friendly schedule lets be honest

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Somewhat disconcerting that CricAddict may have been infracted for the things he was posting about earlier. In my experience he's not the sort of poster who engages in that type of discourse.

Moreover, there's nothing at all wrong with pointing out someone is posting junk. I do it to HB all the time (because he constantly posts junk) and I get nothing but thanks from grateful moderators for pointing it out.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Somewhat disconcerting that CricAddict may have been infracted for the things he was posting about earlier. In my experience he's not the sort of poster who engages in that type of discourse.

Moreover, there's nothing at all wrong with pointing out someone is posting junk. I do it to HB all the time (because he constantly posts junk) and I get nothing but thanks from grateful moderators for pointing it out.
No, I haven't been, Burgey. I don't think anyone reported it. And I just did it as old school fun. No harm intended.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The first ODI Final was played at Lords the home of cricket during a rare English heatwave with no matches ruined by the weather and the tournament has grown and grown.
The first WTC Final was played at Southampton the home of Craig David in a monsoon during a global pandemic.
Could be an omen.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, I haven't been, Burgey. I don't think anyone reported it. And I just did it as old school fun. No harm intended.
You need to be careful around these parts. There are some extremely sensitive souls.

Be safe. Go well.